Alessandra-UNPUBLISHED 1

The person you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time, please try your call later or leave a call back number after the tone--

"How long are you going to keep doing this? Haven't you had enough of this shit between you and me? Just--!" She stopped herself and rubbed her temples continuing, "pick up my calls. I don't want it to be like this between us forever, I mean..." She sighed and stared at the ceiling whispering into the landline, "it's been almost nine years Claudia." With a click, she hung up the phone only to toss it across the room in a huff.

Before she could walk to pick it up, a swift knock came at the door followed by a small petite woman walking through the doorway. She stood pin straight with her hair back in a tight bun. She wore a dark green suit to compliment her pale skin and dark brown hair, "it's thirty minutes until the first walk, Ms. Piccoli," she stuttered.

Looking through the mirror, Alessandra Piccoli, one of the biggest names in fashion design, shot darts into the assistant's throat and targeted, "don't you think I know that?!" She stood up in a flurry while the assistant cowered back, holder her binder close to her chest to protect herself from fatal wounds. "Who allowed you in here! I told everyone out there that I wanted solitude until the first call for seats to be taken!" Alessandra pushed her out but was even more pressed when she saw what was in front of her.

Chaos.

Absolute, and uncalled for chaos! She couldn't believe what was going on right under her nose; Hair, makeup, and wardrobe stylists running around frantically being pushed around by stuck up models as they ordered them to take their time and touch up their mess-ups.

She cleared her throat to make her presence known, but no one seemed to notice. In her rage, she slammed her hand bare on the wooden podium being moved to the stage.  The podium fell as the people rushing around her stopped in their tracks. She glanced at the artist's pale faces.

Directing her attention to every person in the vicinity, she spat out, "how dare you all! Do you think this is some kind of middle school hairspray play?!" Shooting her gaze through anyone who dared to go against her she continued on a rampage, "this show is the last and most important of the year besides pre-summer orders!  There's no need for everyone to be like this, weren't you trained at all?" When she said this, she heard from somewhere in that back a man scoffing, so she called out "And who are you to come in here like this?"

The crowd parted revealing a male model standing with one foot out in front of him while his arm was crossed just as much as he seemed to be.  He laughed then spit out, "and who the hell are you telling me what I can and can't do on a stage I'm walking on?" He turned back to his stylist and told her to keep going but she refused.

"I think," Alessandra drew in a breath to calm herself before saying, "you have no idea where you are if you don't know who I am." She stepped forward while everyone surrounding the young model stepped back. Looking up at the tall, dark and handsome man that towered over her, she commanded, "if you don't want to be kicked out of the fashion world for the rest of your being you'll listen to me!"

"I only listen to two people short stack." His blood boiled as the incompetent model nonchalantly listed, "Louis and Alessandra." He looked her up and down then chuckled as if he hadn't just misread this whole situation, "and honey, you don't look like either of them."

Instead of screaming or putting this pathetic man in his place for not recognizing her she simply asked innocently, "Oh? I don't look like Alessandra? A lot of people have told me I do."

The model scoffed then swiped his hair back announcing to everyone, "I think she's gone a little haywire honeys!"  When no one laughed he rolled his eyes and directed back to Alessa, "listen closely babe 'cause I'm only gonna drool about her once. Alessandra looks like a goddess with her golden hair speckled with strands of brown."  He gushed over her eyes, "ugh! And her hazel eyes that shift to green in the summer are mesmerizing! I promise y'all that she'll make ya faint in half a second if she walked in here with her petite yet voluptuous body." He looked down again and dropped his tone with a nasty look on his face, "but you hun. You ain't good enough to be the ants she steps on in this industry. Have a good day now." He gave her one last smile then turned to his stylist to keep going but her face and the face of others around her went pale.

Stepping forward, Alessa cleared her throat calmly, "I'm sure you don't know this 'honey,' but Alessandra doesn't wear heavy drag makeup to her runways. I'm sure that's why you truly wouldn't recognize me."  She turned and grabbed some champagne off of one of the trays a waiter was holding.

"Miss Piccoli I'm really sorry that we were so unorganized I was trying to calm everyone down but they—"

She snapped and threw the glass in her hand at the wall, but was aiming for the insolent model from before, "GET THE FUCK OUT!" She shrieked. The room stood still for a moment as the model and everyone else didn't know what to say.  "I SAID GET OUT ARE YOU STUPID AND DEAF?!" She picked up glass after glass and hurdled it towards the Man Until the people around him pushed him towards the exit door and threw his ass out.

Everyone stood at attention waiting to be directed and when Alessa sighed and rubbed her forehead everyone gave an involuntary gulp. She looked around then echoed as calm as she could with venom laced between every letter, "no more time for makeup and hair. That was supposed to be done the second you walked in here not ten minutes before the show you imbeciles. If one of you so much as thinks of throwing any of the stylists or models off balance I'll cut you from the scene faster than crop tops selling at forever 24." She spun around and high tailed it back to her room and slouched down on a sofa.

A soft knock came at the door then the same assistant walked in and squeaked, "I-uhm..."

"Spit it out."

She jumped at the command then stuttered, "the sh-show starts i-in less than ten minutes Miss Alessandra."

Before she could scurry away, Alessandra said annoyingly tired, "vodka flat. Hurry up I don't have all day."  She sat up and looked at the rose gown brought in from last month's collection and sighed, "well it's not gonna put it on itself, Alessandra." She muttered to herself as she stood up and undressed.

Sitting down at the makeshift vanity, she dumped her makeup out onto the table and dug through to find simple and natural-looking colors to blend with her skin.

Alessandra always wears crazy and heavy makeup in public and has said that she likes to express herself but she knows. "There! I'm glad my face was clear for the show, I think I would've gone crazy."

Standing up she ripped open the down to find her assistant Masie from before holding a short class of vodka. "I-I was about to knock but I thought I heard you talking to someone s-so I waited!" She cowered back as Alessa just picked the glass out of her hand and glided elegantly towards the stage.

Downing the drink she put the glass on a waiter's passing tray then took a deep breath and walked to the other side of the curtain. The room went silent with only the tapping of Alessa's clear heals hitting the runway.  "Welcome all, my very last runway of the year!" Applause erupted everywhere followed by whistles and people standing in their excitement. She cleared her throat and enthusiastically continued, "I'm glad that everyone was able to attend and am grateful for you all following the no photograph policy until the show begins."  She smiled toward the professional photographers then happily said, "without further intrusion, I'd like to introduce the last collection of the season: 'A Little Girl's Holiday Collection.'" She bowed then snuck back behind the curtain to hide from the cameras as the music began.

As she watches her designs being walked across the runway her phone is back in her room buzzing up a storm.  It's her mother:

Aless, stop calling your sister. If she doesn't want to talk to you still you should just give her some time.

It's for the best.