To You

Rob,

I can't sit around and wait for you to change because I know you never will but I won't. So, I hope that you find a girl that will teach you a lesson, something I could never and will never do for you. You don't understand what you've done wrong and honestly, for me, it doesn't really matter anymore because I don't want you back and never will. What you've done is irreversible. I'll never be okay with it but that's no reason for me to dwell on it.

I've built so many bridges around you just to watch them burn as I tried to get over you. But I can't get over someone who is so far above the clouds that even the tallest bridge made could never reach you. And if you don't understand that analogy then you must have a really thick head to not see the relationships I've destroyed in my mourning for us. But I'm trying my best to rebuild each one, plank by wooden plank all by myself.

I will say this, our 'good times' are clouded by your poor choices this past year. I hope one day you can truly own up to what you put us through. I know you're not perfect, far from it actually. But you need to understand that the things you do and say will always have backlash connected to the end of it. I can't be around you and that's okay. Our time of friendship and longing glances have passed. I write this thought down in order to remind myself and anyone that happens to see this that you're no longer my priority. You chose to treat me like the dirt on your shoe once, and I know not to let you do it again. I hope one day you meet someone that will shake you so hard to your core that you'll look back to these times and realize what you did was unforgivable and why it was.

This is the last thing I write before closing this chapter on you forever. I have no intention of finishing this part of my journalized life. I'd like to keep it in my vault for now until it may be useful for advice to someone else.

This will also be the last time I cry over how much I thought I missed you. Reading messages from over two years ago isn't longing for you but longing for what we had before we thought a serious relationship is what we wanted.

I wish you luck in life and hope to never hear from you again as your current self but as a man that has awakened to his newfound responsibilities of the real world.

Though you'll never read this, I was always whole-heartedly rooting for you to succeed, no matter how much of your life you threw away with your poorly thought out excuses.

-Sophia