The Redskins

January 1st 2014

Racial and Ethnic Issues against Team Names

    The Redskins are always being called racist by the government and the people.  I believe that they aren't racist because the Redskins are just another Football team that represents someone or something.  (And in this case it is representing the Redskins Indians) Even the Native Americans said that they weren't offended when they had written to the Redskins owner, Daniel Snyder to tell him that he didn't want to.  So Daniel didn't, he told the ticket holders not to change the names, and I believe he did the write thing of not changing the name.  I think this because they've had their name since 1933, so they shouldn't have to change it now.  I think its ridiculous how people have a problem with this name now than they did when the team was first created in 1933.  If they had wanted to get rid of it when they first created the team instead of waiting over 80 years to make a complaint about it.  This is why I think the Redskins football team name isn't racist. 

    There are some people that have very good accusations on why the name is racist.  One is that when people say that they hate the Redskins, and "diss" them it makes the real Redskins feel attacked by the united States.  I think this isn't o.k, people shouldn't be saying this, or if they say it they would need to be more realistic and say something like, "the Redskins team stinks, they should leave the NFL!"  They shouldn't be saying "the Redskins suck!" They could be anything or anyone that they are talking about.  Also the name is racist because you are basically calling football players Native Americans not, well football players.  Just like with the Saints.  Two more racist team names are the White Sox and the Red Sox.  The separation of these two teams are separated by color just like black and white people were separated by color.  As a result people think these names are racist because of the United State's past.  Our past has shaped our minds to show that we terrible things, and that we don't want history to repeat itself, because we all know that wars will break out and the United States will never be the same.  That is why people may think these team names are racist. 

    Ethnic and Racial issues have been around for such a long time that once we had gotten rid of most of it the world has been on high alert to get rid of the rest of them.  What I am trying to say is that the people don't want to be known as racist people, they want to be known as kind and caring people.  So when someone says, "that's so racist!" half of the country is gonna say "hurry get rid of that we can't be those people again," and the other half is like its just a playful name of a competitive team!  If you dont like it then vote for a law to be passed about the topic, and if it gets vetoed then keep trying until it gets passed.  And if not then that means the government doesn't want this law.  These are my views, and other people's views on Racial, and Ethnic issues.