Dream Journal

3/2/18

    There were many recurring factors in my dreams, from the same ending, most disturbing moments, and relevant moments in my real life.  I wanted to start with the recurring endings of my dreams, where in ⅘ dreams I've had, had me running either through a door the sky falling to a street, or jumping of a building into water.  I really thought about what this would all mean, and decided to look into my fears, and found a correlation.  Knowing that I'm afraid of swimming in the open ocean/bay and of heights, I've come to the conclusion that my unconscious is trying to get my conscious mind aware of my fears more, and that I should face them instead of being afraid of them.  It also shows a black shadow always following me, which is what I'm assuming I'm running away from, the shadow pretty much would symbolize my actual shadow, everything I don't want to become/face.  One of the most disturbing moments out of all 5 dreams was from the first dream I recorded.  I remember vividly about that night how I kept waking up, dreaming about the same thing each time, just sitting in my car in the school's parking lot with my dad next to me listening to "You Are My Sunshine."  It seems normal at first but the same thing happens each time.  I'm told to go get my mom and brother, but right when I get into the school I see kids rushing out, and flames everywhere around the room, but I'm not in senior court like you'd think, I'm in the library.  I've come to the conclusion that I believe that most of the school's supplies are not needed, and are going to waste, hence the fire in the most important part of a school.  The dream usually ends with me picking up a book, I forgot what the titles were, but in the end the fire catches on my shirt, that's probably why I'd always wake up sweating.  Weird though, I always wondered what my mom and brother had to do with anything though, because I never actually saw them when I went back into the school.