Magic Wielders practice write up

The fire flared up throughout the room as potions and marbles were thrown about the room by the little boy. His smile reached the highest point of his high as his master came out to let the flames settle.

Grabbing the young boy's arms he demanded, "stop wasting your munitions, Kit! You'll need them for the elemental test when you come of age!" He grabbed the marbles and potions from Kit and stored them away grumbling, "if anyone were to find out about alchemy in the republic, we'd both be dead."

Kit slouched on a stool, tilting his head back just enough to see the last of the light die out. He jumped up with giddy and exclaimed, "can't you just imagine it Pops? Your little marbles creating such a spectacle in the Townsquare!"

"Yes..." the boy's master scratched at his beard as he whispered to himself, "maybe I should tone down the dosage, he doesn't need to be seen as a fully-fledged mage."

Kit jumped around he room imagining the day two years from now he'd be able to wield his own magic. He turned to the old grump he calls Pops and hugged him with all his might, "thanks for this. I know it's gonna be trouble if anyone finds out you're letting me live."

Pops turned away from his work to look at the small boy with warmth, "I did the same for your mother when she turned thirteen, why shouldn't I do the same for you?" Shrugging the young boy off, he went back to his artificial magic marbles sending Kit off to bed.

Walking into his room, Kit dreamed of the day he wouldn't have to live in fear of not being able to use magic.