Chapter Thirteen I

Lagos State 7pm.

Khadijah stared out the window of the Car (Hilux) as it slowly came to a stop,but since it was night time and raining all she could make out were the blurry lights of a building she could see from afar.

She hadn't seen much earlier at the airport which was a bit of disappointment. She'd been hoping for a glimpse of the famous Lagos state... But was stuck in traffic for nearly two hours. She landed since five pm but she'd seen absolutely nothing except a hundreds of cars that are trapped in a heavy hold-up.

It didn't matter anyways... It wasn't like she was here in Lagos State for sightseeing.

She was here to meet with her husband Captain Sagir Modibbo.

It's been exactly six weeks since they met at their grandfathers mansion...that faithful night she cried in his presence.. He left for Maiduguri and hasn't bothered to contact her since then...so stupid of her... God she didn't want to remember how she layed are guard down and cried in his presence... Because it obviously didn't mean anything to him. She couldn't understand why yet again she was requested to come and be with him here in Lagos.

She couldn't say No to Abba and Modibbo.. Especially Modibbo, with him it has always been (he orders, you follow without a question) but their request couldn't have come at a worse time. She was sure Ya Sagir himself didn't want her there... He didn't care about her one bit... He hasn't call no even drop a text to enquire about her well-being or how she was dealing with Zeezees demise he hasn't even drop a message to explain about the money he sent to her account last month.

Khadijah swallowed past the sudden thickness in her throat. NO she couldn't allow herself to think about Zee zee. The grief was still too raw and she wasn't ready to face that. Not now, not when she had so many things to to handle.

Such as finding out why Modibbo had requested her to come and stay with Ya Sagir in his work place in Lagos instead of the other way round. She was his bride after all...God she felt as though she was ripped off of her self worth.. He was suppose to do the chasing not her.

Anger rubbed against grief creating yet another raw patch.

"We are here Ma'am"

Khadijah looked away from the window and politely smiled at the driver who by his uniform she confirmed was a seageant. He was Sagirs Driver.

"Finally" she muttered with a tired sigh.

"did you enjoy your first time here in Lagos? I must tell you ma'am the weather is very lovely here"

"stuck in a traffic for nearly two hours and you are asking about enjoyment??" khadija returned sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"well, this car is at your disposal for the duration of your stay here ma'am, I ll be your driver" he returned opening her door.

"Captain Sagir is waiting for you"

Khadijah nodded her thanks and undid her seat belt, conscious of a certain twisting in her gut that couldn't possibly be nervousness. Sure she hadn't seen Ya Sagir for weeks,and what more? She was going to be alone in a house with him.

Khadijah reached down and picked up her small duffel bag, the only luggage she'd brought with her since she's made up her mind she wasn't going to be in Lagos all that long.

It's stupid to be nervous anyways.. All she was going to do was tell Sagir exactly what her issues with him were__explain that she didn't want to stay in Lagos... And that he should allow her to stay in kano at her Ummah's with her brother bashir... Well basically to continue her normal life she would find a job and have that independent life she's been craving.