Chapter One

Not Edited!l

This is tottaly Awkward!

Awkward!i thought again.

"Do you need anything?"

the gorgeous man sitting opposite me asked as though it was a statement and not a question.

common-common deejah..speak for Allah's sake you look like a coward...I scolded myself mentally.

I really don't know what it was about this man,but I felt an instant attraction towards him.

It was first time I was meeting him as an adult after eleven years.

Don't be nervous__Don't show any weakness__Don'tive nothing away.

I scolded myself mentally for what seems like the tenth time now.

I find it really difficult to meet his eyes.they were a captivating hazel,he has a neat beard which covered his sharp jaw and cheekbones.
I can't seem to find the right way to put this,but this man sitting across me is Simply gorgeous,and undeniably striking.

I didn't know how I felt and I couldn't  think properly.

All I could think of is that my time for marriage had come really quickly__I mean  I just completed National Youth Service corps a few months back which seems like the perfect time to marry. But I just wasn't ready.
I always believe that a woman deserves to be happy...with or without a man ,I wasn't wrong about that.after all I had lived twenty one years of my life without needing a man.

Growing up with a single mum had me determined to study hard.
My father passed away when I was only six years.May Allah have mercy on his soul..living behind my mum,I and my younger brother, who was then only a year and a couple of months.

May Allah continue to protect my fathers older brother "Abba" .he wonderfully took and still is taking care of anything we needed.I tottaly see him not like an uncle__but  like my real father__a loving and a caring one..he has been with us through thick and thin,he smiles when we smile and he feels sad whenever he sees us down.

I owe him my life.and that is exactly why i am sitting across this gorgeous man.his first son, and my first cousin whoz an army officer in the Nigerian Military.

from the few things I heard about him from Zeezeehis younger sister(step sister)  my age mate and best friend Zee zee said hes a workaholic,a money man... and that  he doesn't compare his work with any other thing.

The last time I saw him was almost 11 years back when I was only nine..and exactly three years after my father passed away.
back then he was an undergraduate..that was before he joined the NDA for a short service .I knew he was an introvert and doesn't talk much.

Returning back to present, i watched as  Ya Sagir spoke again.
He cleared his throat
"so I don't know how this is going to work between me and you ..I frankly am not into all this of Relationship stufss".

"The feeling is mutual!"

I muttered almost defensively before I could stop myself.

He looked a little bit astonished by my response, an expression of surprise passed his features for a split second.

Why is it so difficult to speak to this man__I have spoken to men before__not some random men of course, but yeah I have spoken to men before,my lecturers,my colligues,shops..and wherever necessary.. Suddenly I felt soo overwhelmed by everything.

I internally tried to sooth myself as quietness filled the living room we were in .

He cleared his throat again.." I work in the southern part of this country,So I mean if we get married you would have to cope with living in Lagos,"he finished,almost warning .