Chapter Twelve II

Recap...!!!

.....Some moments later ,Everything seemed to be alright with the terrorist now being led to the Village by four other sergeants,the rest observed the raided ground in an Absolute Silence...how ever at that particular moment,the silence was broken by the Sound of a 'Click'..it was actually one of the terrorist who was assumed to be dead adjusting a pistol and was aiming it at Captain Hassan.

'HASSAN'Sagir and Daniel yelled but it was  too late the terrorist had pulled the trigger .

Incontestably life is like an egg in the hands of a small kid bound to crack any moment ...Sagir Knew quite that as a human ,one was bound to die but he couldn't actually believe that he was holding Hassan who was gasping for breath .Blood gushed out of his mouth as he tried to speak and Sagir realizing his difficulty,quickly removed the hankies from Hassan's neck.

Hassan began suffocating,he immediately laid him on his back and started pressing his chest on and on for revival but his face fell to the other side and he was silent....!!!

He fainted.

Meanwhile Tahir and Daniel quickly brought their pick up truck closer to the raided ground they carried Hassan in a rush so they could quickly take him to a hospital in the village..no doubt Hassan is in a bad condition and even if he survived...he's likely going to fell into a coma.

Tears rolled down Sagirs cheek while the hankie on his face absorbed it .he removed his glasses ,stood up and went to Hassan's Attacker who was immediately shot by the other officers on pulling the trigger for a fellow officer.

He took the pistol from the dead Man's hand and looked at it in a curious way.it was 'Colt M4 carbine'.A gun with a strong calibre bullet mostly used by Outstanding soldiers who engage in gun battles with tough criminals.it's a gas operated gun that has both single fire and automatic option..it was known that a target hit by this weapon would almost certainly die from its impact.

Sagir noticed some tiny little writings on the weapon,which read 'NA-279667

He tucked the gun in his trouser without any move but was however flabbergasted and dumbfounded with what he just read .

"I can't believe this!"he thought to himself.."this gun
actually belongs to the Nigerian Army '.

The letters on the weapon were actually an abbreviation of  Nigerian Army and the first digit 2 stands for Zone 2-area command of the Army where Brigadier Hamza's Area falls ..the rest of the digits are the number and brand of the particular weapon.

"It's almost Fajr time,lets go back to the village and see Hassan's condition.seargent Zanna said in a confused tone .bringing Sagir back to his thoughts.

"You were Standing like a giraffe and watch the terrorist pulled the trigger on Hassan' he said rather in exasperation.

"Sir,there was nothing I could have done "sergeant Zanna returned.

Sagir closed his eyes ,raised his palm to rest on his forehead as an awful sinking sensation struck him from head to toe..!!his heart began to beat like a drum and he was finally delirious.

'Was this all planned ???

His heart kept repeating.

"Ya Rabbi"!!he exclaimed silently as he started thinking.
He knew well that he was matching the steps of doom since they walked out of Giwa Barracks to Damasak village.

And when they first sighted the terrorist camp he was agitated before coming up with their earlier plan which worked well for them ...he was soo agitated to the extent of rendering himself aghast seeing how calm and comfortable the terrorist proved to be.this is in considering the fact that there is no where in the country a gang of terrorist group will terrorise a hamlet of people and only to have themselves stationed where they can easily be reached by the law no matter the weakness of the security nearby.

Coming back from his thoughts...Sagir realized that he had to pull himself together and get something done...as he was the only superior officer available..since captain Tahir and Daniel took Hassan to the village hospital for emergency help.

*******************

"This is really serious!!"General Abdallah muttered for what seems like hundred times over the phone,A helicopter will be Arriving in a minutes time ..what ever the situation I want Sagir out of that town !infact I want the four Captains out immediately..Captain Hassan should be treated in the head quarters hospital..and then we ll carry out further investigation about the weapon.

___________________________________________

8am kano State.

Khadeejah literally collapsed on a couch at the far corner in their sitting room ...it was only 8 am and she's feeling the fast already..she didn't get much sleep at night and she's already feeling bleary because she skipped 'sahoor '

She picked up a remote control and switched on the Telly

".........Good morning "
This is the Network News
My name is Juliana  Miller ........

The high rate of terrorist activities in the country has devastated commercial activities ,and is persistently pulling the lives of people and property in danger .

Last Night..boko boys striked a village in Maiduguri called 'Damasak'in which many of the Boko boys lost their life...it was a huge success operation for the officers in charge ..it was estimated that a property valued at five million naira was carted away by the terrorist group .despite the success of the officers in charge ,A captain was shot and his condition remain unknown...But

In an instant Khadeejah stood frozen ..hands shaking and heart beating twice faster...she could literally feel it in her ears

....but Captain Sagir Modibbo ,the head Captain has this to say......

In an instant a video of Her 'Ya-Sageer' was flashed on the TV he was standing near a helicopter ready to take off...his uniform is ruined in blood ,despite that he's still the impeccable Sageer Modibbo.

......"" the poor residents of Damasak Village are peasants who rely on subsistence farming and their livestock...Sagir started

..."They have now lost all their belongings. We are appealing to the government to come to their aid and for patrols to be intensified because the area is remote and it has relatively huge population...we cannot disclose anything pertaining what we found from the operation yet....and with that Sagir sauntered towards the helicopter and his video was cut off..

Khadeejah cut off the volume of the set and Started towards her Mothers bedroom...

"Ummah '
Ummah '

She called frantically...heart beating twice faster...Thank Allah Sagir is not injured.

******
Vote
Comment
With love ❤️
Islaha94 🙋🏽❤️❤️❤️😘