24 - The Years

POV Anna

It's been 10 years since my sister was put in her sleep by me. Today would be the day when she would be moved to a secret location that goes from under this castle all the way to Enchanted forest. It took us some time but now the long corridor is finally about to finish and the elements can take over guarding her.

Kai and Kris had been in Ahtohallan together. They had brought some ice for the hall from Ahtohallan. Also they had taken the chest which held Elsa's letters to the hall in Ahtohallan. They weren't believing me at first when I explained that Moon told us to get the ice from there and take the chest there.

But finally I had convinced them and it proved out so that the ice from Ahtohallan wasn't melting at all like they feared when they wanted to do Elsa's sleeping place from stone.

"Mother, it's time," Kris hums from the doorway.

"Alright....I hope you're ready Elsa because we built you a beautiful place. Can you believe it, the elements helped?" I laugh as I let go of Elsa's hands.

Kris and Kai came to pick her up on stretches and started carrying her. My sister seemed like she was sleeping, her pulse was really faint. I got up and I winced as my back ached a bit

"Granny, are you sure you shouldn't just stay here?" Princess Anna asks and rushed to help me out.

"Don't be silly dear. Of course I will accompany my sister. Oh, I was right that my old travelling dress will look perfect on you," I smile and pinch Anna's cheek.

"Thanks granny, it's perfect," she smiles.

"Sorry mother, she insisted to come," Kai sighs and shakes his head. I walk to Elsa and cover her with a blanket.

"Father!" Princess Anna huffs sassily like any teenager would.

"It's alright. I would have wished that all could come but we can't risk it with the elements. Only few guards and my two boys and Princess Anna....because you she knew so the elements shouldn't get mad," I laugh mysteriously.

Then I grab a bucket which was next to Elsa's bed. I hand it over to Anna so she could carry that.

I notice them looking at each other worryingly. I laugh it off and shake my head as I walk ahead of them. We went to the huge portrait where I was still young, together with my late husband and my sister. Of course even Olaf was in the portrait and Sven.

I pull a candle stand and the painting opens up. The guards walk inside and start to light up the candles that were placed inside the corridor.

I kept humming the lullaby from my childhood. Everyone else was quiet. After ten minutes Anna broke the silence

"Granny..why are we taking all this snow down too?" Princess Anna asks as she takes my hand. She was carrying the bucket filled with snow.

"You see, water has a memory...so I believe that one day," I hum mysteriously as I remember an old memory of the time when Elsa became the fifth spirit, "-- an old friend will return and around that time my sister would need him."

In the bucket was the snow that was left when Olaf collapsed. It never melted but there was no life in it.

"Samantha mentioned something about water and memory too," Princess Anna cheers and squeezes my hand with hers.

"Yes, snowpeople are wise in their mysterious ways," I laugh and glance at my boys who are carrying Elsa on stretches.

"How much further?" Kai asks and I tell him that it won't be that long.