10 - A Restless Night

POV Elsa

Jack left to the room next door and I lay down on my bed. I took a book from the drawer and began reading to relax by myself for a moment. It was about tooth fairy.

"Hmm...interesting," I hum aloud and then I turn the page.

Why would anyone collect teeth? Still I enjoy it a lot, reading about adventures and mythologies. But still, my parents told the best stories.

Then I heard someone speaking and I place my book down. It seemed to come from outside and when I heard him speaking again, I knew it was Jack. I walk to my balcony and quietly listen to him.

"Manny... is everyone alright back home? You know, it would be cool if you spoke to me more than two times in a year," Jack sighs.

I lean over my balcony and peek towards the window where Jack was looking out from. He had opened the windows.

"Who are you talking to?" I laugh, "I thought you went to sleep."

"E-Elsa...I am...uh...well I couldn't get any sleep so I tried chatting with him," Jack laughs and points at the sky.

"Stars?" I wonder and glance up.

"No, the moon...Manny is in there," Jack says with so serious tone that I always believed him.

"Sure, yeah...Manny is in the moon," I chuckled.

"Manny is the guy who lives on the moon. You know, remember? I mentioned him while I told you about Guardians," Jack mumbles and ruffles his hair.

"Oh," I hum and then climb on the edge of the balcony.

"Wait, Elsa...get down from there," Jack gasps and stands up. His head is sticking out from the window now.

"Alright, catch!" I say and jump.

I knew that Gale would help but Jack managed to grab me first. He was hanging out from the window and holding me from waist.

"That was crazy!" He laughs and pulls me inside "you could've used the door!"

"That or Gale could've helped," I say and flash a smile to him as we sit down on the window still.

"So...why did you come here? Weren't you sleeping," he chuckles and shuts the windows.

"I heard someone talking and I decided to check it out," I tell him and brush his hair away from his face.

For a moment it seemed like he blushed.

"About that, I really can't sleep...it feels like I am torn to be in two different places," he sighs and grabs his hoodie. I see him squeezing it until it gets all wrinkled.

I hum and place my hands over his. After gently getting him to release from the hoodie I take his hand between mine.

"Perhaps you need something to soothe you down?" I suggest to him.

He stares into my eyes and then looks at our hands, "And? That might be?"

I get up and keep holding his hand as I bring him to the bed. Then I sat down and patted the spot next to me.

"Lay down," I smile to him.

Now he looks at me like I had just lost my mind. He frowns and sits down on the bed and I notice how the bed began to frost. As he hesitated I pulled him to lay down and then his head against my chest.

"W-what are you doing Elsa?" Jack gasps and I notice him getting flustered.

"Hush... just listen to my voice," I whisper and then I start singing.