15 - The Nightlight

A chime rings beautifully in a bedroom where two sisters are sleeping. The sound of it was gentle but something that you would notice.

Follow me.

The chime rings again and the calls are embedded with a woman singing. The older sister, hearing these calls, covers her head with a pillow. The chime rings louder and she gets up, carefully going out of bed so her sister wouldn't wake up.

Once she entered the hallway she began singing.

"I can hear you but I won't

Some look for trouble while others don't

There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day

And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh

Whoa"

Follow me.

Again the voice called out to her and she grabs a hold of table, watching her reflection from the mirror in front of her. Then she began walking, unconsciously following the voice that reached out for her.

"You're not a voice, you're just a ringing in my ear

And if I heard you, which I don't, I'm spoken for I fear

Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls

I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls

I've had my adventure, I don't need something new

I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you"

Without her knowing, there was someone who couldn't be seen but definitely was there. Ringing a chime that could make a voice that would lure her the best. A sly smile formed on that persons face as the person flew ahead.

She had taken the bait finally. Just like they had needed her and then the old contract, a plan had taken the biggest step.

She would be the fifth spirit.

-- Few years later, on the surface of the moon two people were discussing --

"Wait...if you're saying what I think that you're saying... you want ME to give my life for a human?" A slender looking boy, much older than he looked, exhaled and walked around.

"Yes, that's what I am asking and neither of you will disappear," a man, truly wise spoke.

"Hey Manny! I know we did a few things in the past like made a freaking bunny - who was cute though - the symbol of Easter and an old man the loving Santa of Christmas... oh and the man from outer space without any idea of our language as the Guardian of dreams but this!" the boy exhales and ruffles his spiky, long,  white hair.

 oh and the man from outer space without any idea of our language as the Guardian of dreams but this!" the boy exhales and ruffles his spiky, long,  white hair

A storm cloud was blocking the view from downnthe earth.

"Nightlight, I thank you for raising me from a baby and for everything you have done... you have been a huge help to choose the best candidates to bring joy, dreams, hope and memories to this world and even a link between magic and humans when it was needed but--," Manny speaks and sits down on his chair.

Even though he was just a baby back then,  he could still remember the kindness of the Nightlight who protected him ever since he had risen to the sky.  In some way asking this from someone so dear to him felt painful but it had to be done.

  In some way asking this from someone so dear to him felt painful but it had to be done

"Yeah, yeah...you heard from father time that something is about to happen to the newest candidate and it can't be stopped," Nightlight huffs and collapses to sit down.

He grabs a cup of moon tea, a glowing and delicious liquid and sips some of it. It immediately soothed his nerves.

"You are a guide and you'll always be a guide and have a special place in my heart," Manny says and smiles warmly.

On that moment the people living on earth could see the moon glowing brighter and the clouds shifted.

"Nope, don't...I won't," the Nightlight huffs and narrows his eyes.

"He will be the winter spirit and one day it's his time to become a Guardian," Manny adds and gives Nightlight a begging look.

Nightlight's bright blue eyes widen up and he places the cup down, "Ah-ha! So you sort of want me to be a Guardian! I am honored but I already gave my powers of winter to that girl when she was born so you could have the fifth spirit in the world."

"Things will work out Nightlight. Now there's something I need to ask from you... there's a moment when Jack Frost is sent by father time to this time and he'll meet the fifth spirit. You need to help them meet," Manny explains with a serious tone.

"Jack Frost?" Nightlight hums and seems curious now.

"Yes. That's what Jackson Overland will be known as once your spirit joins with him," Manny smiles and looks at his oldest friend who he would dearly miss.

"Well well.. I guess that it might be a good idea," Nightlight chuckles and takes the cup and has another sip.

"But you both will lose your memories. You two need to form a union and I can't give either of you the upperhand. Don't worry, you and him will be a fine Guardian," Manny says and dodges the tea which Nightlight spat out.

"Haha, really funny Manny," Nightlight says sarcastically and leans back on the chair.

"Also, there's something you need to do once the fifth spirit and the winter spirit separate their ways. You need to guide the fifth spirit again when that happens. Could you do that?" Manny asks carefully.

Nightlight is quiet for a moment and then nods his head.

"Thank you, you really are my oldest friend," Manny sighs in relief.

A/N:

Here is where Nightlight is introduced and his connection with Elsa, the fifth spirit and Jack, the winter spirit.

I hope that the strings will be tied together slowly from now on. But...there will be surprises and new enemies arriving. This was a short information chapter for you guys which is why I updated twice in short period of time.

Have a nice Friday and AWESOME WEEKEND! Next update on Monday!!!