3 - The Great Old Castle

POV Jack

"Didn't your sister go to other direction oh thee great spirit of the magic forest?" I chuckle as I follow this lady wearing all white.

"Trust me, we need to get my Nokk for this journey," she looks at me over her shoulder.

"Mmhmm...alright. So what's up with these weird scarves that keep floating in the air all the time?" I question as I keep them off from my face by pushing them away with my staff.

"What do you mean weird?" She stops and turns around crossing her arms. For a moment my mouth was full of that left transluscent scarf.

"Mph...yack" I pull the scarf away and wipe my mouth against my sleeve, "I just said that they keep floating in that same creepy way no matter where the wind is blowing from."

"Oh...um... sorry, I haven't really noticed it before... I guess it's a spirit thing?" She wondered and looked at them like they were a new thing to her. I facepalm when she wasn't looking.

"Yeah well, what's a Nokk?" I wonder aloud and then I saw something horrible approaching us from a lakes direction.

"Behind me, quickly!" I yell and jump in front of her, raising my staff against one of those nightmare horses.

Then I freeze it. Quickly.

"What are you doing?" She asks and I stare at the horse as it approaches us still. It didn't explode like it should.

"Huh, that's odd," I hum and lower my staff.

The horse rides in front of me and rises to its backfeet and almost kicking me down.

"This is Nokk, my friend," Elsa says and walks to it to soothe it down. She brushes its head with her hand and I see the animal calming down.

"This is a Nokk?" I mumble and stare at the creature.

"Yes. The mythological water horse," she explains and I sigh.

"My bad, I thought it was an evil dark dreamsand nightmare horse," I laugh awkwardly.

"Excuse me, what did you say?" She asks and sounds really confused.

"Nothing, that's a long story..but this is a waterhorse?" I mumble and stare at it.

"Yes, get on it," she tells me and jumps on its back.

I shake my head, "Nope...no way. Nah, I'm hitching a ride from the wind. Yup, that sounds better."

"WIND!" I yell and again I feel a gust of wind blowing. It actually threw me down again.

I see her giggling and looking down at me from her horse. She reaches her hand towards mine and I frown.

"This is nothing, we're good friends the wind and I. Carry me!" I shout and I get a branch on my face as the wind blew. "Stop embarrassing me wind," I whisper with a hiss from between my teeth."

Then I got covered in sand.

"Still trying to talk with wind, huh? It's a jester," she raises her eyebrow and offers her hand again.

I give her a grumpy expression. Then I grab her hand without thinking and I pull my hand away from her quickly.

"Something wrong?" she asks and looks at me.

"My touch is cold," I sigh aloud.

"The cold doesn't bother me," she chuckles and her hand is in front of my face. I glance at her and then slowly reach for her hand.

"That's odd," I gasp as she helped me up, "it's like our temperature is the same."

I stare at our joined hands and entwine our fingers. Suddenly she pulls me from my hand and I am against the horse.