Chapter 25

Elena's POV

I let out a loud sigh as I settle into my chair. I must say, I'm getting tired a lot lately. Being six months preggy is no joke. Ethan has been trying to talk me into maternity leave, but I'm just too stubborn, is it wrong that I wanna keep working even though I go home and complain about the stress to Ethan?

I don't know.

I'm taken out of my thoughts as I hear the telephone ring. I let out another sigh then moved the chair in the phones direction.

"Good morning. You've reached Parker&Co, Elena speaking, how may I help you today?" I answered as cheerful as I could ever be.

"Elena, it's Sandra from the reception. Please let Mr Parker know that his eleven o clock is here." Sandra answered

"Will do, Sandra. Thanks for letting me know." I thanked her then hung up.

I got up but my feet were sore and swollen so I sat back down, removed my sandals and put on my slippers that I keep under my desk.

I walked out my office and made my way to Mr Parker's office.

"Sir, your eleven o clock is here." I said as soon as he said come in after I knocked.

"Thank you Elena. Has the board room been set up?" He said as he reached for his blazer that was resting on the back of his chair.

"Yes, I set it up first thing when I got here." I smiled.

"Thank you." He smiled back.

I walked out the office and headed back to mines so I could get my notepad and pen.

I got into my office and sat down for a second, enjoying the feeling of my slippers on my feet. I cuddled even more into the chair and closed my eyes. I miss Ethan now. If only he was here so I could cuddle into him. I let out a yawn and rubbed my tummy.

I heard the elevator ding just as I was starting to dose off. My eyes shot open and quickly put my sandals back on, then made my way to the board room.

...

It's finally lunch. Thank God that meeting only lasted like two hours. I have my one hour break, so I'll nap for half an hour, and the other half I'll eat. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

I lay my head on top of my hands that are on the desk. I close my eyes and try to get into a comfortable position, just as sleep starts to swallow me up, I hear someone barge into my office ,"I'm here!"

I yelp and move back on my chair with my one hand on my chest and the other on my tummy.

"Did I scare you?" Sean asked

I gave him a 'duhh' look.

"This is not your bedroom. Whatever happened to knocking?" I glared at him.

"Well it's good to see you again babe." He smiled

"I'd like to hear you call me that when Ethan is around." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What a way to kill my vibe. But to answer your question that was never asked, you're forgetting that he's the one coming between us, not the other way around." He smirked

"You need Jesus." I laughed. "What are you doing here?" I asked, when I yawned, remembering that he disturbed my nap time.

"Is that your way of saying you're not happy to see me?" He pouted.

"When am I not happy to see you?" I smiled. "I'm just asking because you disturbed my nap time." I whined

"Why are you napping at work?" He asked