Chapter 5

Elena's POV

I tapped my foot as I stood in the elevator. Today was my first day at work and I remember that the lady who called me, Stella, telling me to go to the last floor. So here I was in the elevator.

I'm totally feeling better today compared to yesterday. JoJo had woken me up later last night to eat then I'd gone right back to bed after eating.

I got up today and Abby had prepared breakfast for me while JoJo laid out an outfit for me.

No words could describe how grateful I was that I had those two in my life. They are my rock and I know that I could lean on them anytime.

They didn't judge me after me telling them about the ordeal that I'd gone through and I couldn't be happier that they are my friends.

I wouldn't even have eaten or maybe even bothered to show up here today if it wasn't for my besties. Friday night was just heartbreaking for me. I really don't know why something like that would happen to me. But I guess I am to blame.

I was careless and was behaving like a reckless sophomore at a house party. And ended up getting my freak on with a stranger.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I heard the ding of the elevator signifying that I had arrived.

It was kinda weird that I was the only one in the elevator. I mean it was like 7:50 and this place was still very isolated.

I walked out and noticed a table on the left side and walked towards it. On reaching the table I realised that no one was there.

O..kay. So Stella told me to be here at 08:00 but she isn't here herself.

What is up with this place. I mean, I'm already feeling like shit and there they are making me regret leaving my bed. I would've been wallowing in my self-pity by now.

I sat on one of the waiting chairs and just waited.

By 08:20 I saw a woman waltz in. And I already didn't like her just from seeing her. She was dripping i-am-a-bimbo like Chanel perfume. From her clothes to her walk. It was like she was begging for attention. But I won't voice out my thoughts because that would be rude.

She glanced at me and continued with her walk to the desk. And I already knew that this woman and I were not gonna get along.

I stood up and looked down at her.

"Uhm, hi. I'm Elena Parke." I said looking at her.

"I guessed. You've gotten the job as the CEO's PA. He usually comes in at like 10h. So I'm sure that he'll assign you some work or something." She said standing up.

Why does this guy come in at ten. What type of CEO comes in at ten! It's like my luck just keeps getting better.

Note the sarcasm.

"This is the break room. It's basically the kitchen." She opened a door that was a couple of steps away from her table.

I just nodded.

"This is the CEO's office and yours is the one opposite his."

She closed his door and opened mines. I felt like I was a home buyer and she was the real estate agent.

"So before you start or anything. I just wanted you to know that you've come here to work. So don't give people unnecessary attention and you won't get unnecessary attention in return. But I'm sure that no one in there right sense of mind would look at that twice." She said the last part whilst scanning me up and down with her eyes then nodding.