She nodded while pointing to the ground. "I can bring him out, but both of you need to stand nearby to catch him if he escapes. I'm not sure how good he is in escaping my jutsu."

"I can create a barrier of flames." Sasuke suggested.

"I will use wind to carry the flame up so he can't escape from the top." Neji added.

Sakura then respond, "Thats great. Do it when I say go. I don't want him to find out that we found him."

Three of the young Genins quietly stepped around the area where Kakashi buried himself in.

Sakura spiked up her chakra energy to increase the speed of her roots' growth. "GO!" It shot up from the ground and broke the surface, bringing Kakashi up while his limbs were wrapped by the roots. A ring of flames surrounded the area and the tips raised up, forming a dome. Kakashi was stunned and widened his eyes in comical horror. He broke a sweat and surrender, "Uh.. okay okay, you all pass. Sakura, you can put me down right now."

The two boys stopped what they were doing and the kunoichi gently placed their teacher onto the ground. Kakashi looked at them, impressed and proud of his students. "I really can't underestimate any of you, prodigies really are prodigies. Great teamwork team TP!"

The three —now officially Genins, looked at each other in satisfaction; "Yeah, we did it!", Sakura exclaimed cheerfully.

"Group hug!" Kakashi suddenly said and hugged Sakura. This action triggered something in the two heirs which made them pull their perverted teacher away. They stood protectively in front of the pinkette. "Ahh, good good. It's good to protect your teammate."

"Especially from perverts like you." Added Neji.

Kakashi could only laugh it out, "Now that we are officially a team now, let's that a group picture and warm up with each other with a nice lunch."

For a very long time, all of them felt genuinely happy. To each and every one of them, this is the moment they will treasure for the rest of their lives. This team is their only chance to actually be happy, to be themselves, to be normal, to escape from their responsibilities or painful past.

All of them head towards the photography booth for a picture, the one time they've decided to show their true selves. Kakashi was seated while Sakura stood behind him and hugged his neck. She had a very rare cheerful smile on her face. Neji and Sasuke stood on Kakashi's either sides and smirked, but their eyes showed that they were happy.

This was their new family.

A happy family.

A family which meant everything to them.

Although they wouldn't admit it, but they knew.

Over the very short period of knowing each other, they knew all of them will mix well together.

They were all different yet similar.

==

Dedicated to ElsaAuliaRachma for quietly dropping votes for this story! I see you popping up in my notifications from time to time, so yes, I call it quiet voting xD Unlike the spams I usually receive haha!

Hellooooooooo Joelle here!

I know I rarely update so I can't expect y'all to actively read this story 🤔 But thank you for keeping up! If you've read this story before, there will be some changes :^)

I'd like to do some shameless promoting here hahaha so please bear with me!

First of all, I may reveal some sneak peeks or some polls on Twitter so you have some say on how this story goes. Of course it won't interfere main plots though ;) If you follow me on Twitter, please tweet me a joke involving the characters of this story followed a specific hashtag.

Eg: @joelleapeno Sakura walks into an alley and found Neji cheating on her with Sasuke #KonohaProdigies

The tweets which I found most entertaining will be published in future chapters! Also, every follower will get a shoutout IF you PM/tweet me your username lol.

Maybe I'll write a new chapter when 10 people follow me? 🤔 I'm trying to create more platforms so y'all can communicate with me bc idk why so many people think I'm unapproachable :(

PS: Who's a fan of K-Pop? Cuz this year's comebacks are killing me :') Comment your favourite 2018 comebacks below!

Published: November 2014
Rewritten: 24th March 2018