Chapter 61.5 (Special): The Nabu Island Conflict

Start from the beginning

"U-Umm...?" Were your last words before you were flung high towards the air as you were in the criss-cross seated position and a bum formed on your head as you head towards the atmosphere. "How did this all happen...?" You wondered as your mind flashed back to the last few days before today.

Flashback, Monday, U.A. High School

"Huh?!?!" A shocked reaction echoed through the school as you and your classmates were shocked from the news you had just received from the school's superior's and staff.

"We're gonna be doing provisional hero work on our own?" Kirishima said in shock.

"And what about teachers and other heroes? Aren't they supposed to advise and supervise us?" Kaminari asked as Aizawa spoke up.

"This time it's different. In order to fully hone your skills and develop yourselves as heroes, we've been advised by the Heroes Public Safety Commission that we need to show the fruits of our hard work and prove that you are all growing into finely tuned heroes. On the island you'll be managing a hero hotline from a rented out call center that wasn't in use for some time. You'll be the only heroes in charge of a population of a thousand people on the island." Aizawa had explained the situation as everyone grew excited and cheerful.

"This is gonna be awesome!" Kaminari yelled as everyone agreed and shot up from their seats.

"Let me finish..." Aizawa got a bit irritated and began intimidate the class with his snares as everyone sat and remained quiet as he continued. "You're not going on some little vacation trip to play the role 'hero'. Everyone will need to participate and do a suitable amount of work as you will all be graded and scaled by the population themselves. Got it?" He asked as everyone nodded.

"Yes, sir!" You all replied as everyone began talking among each other as you pulled out your wallet and stared at a picture of you and your dad.

Later That Day, At The Hospital

"Huh? Really? You two are gonna be doing some actual hero work this upcoming week?" Your dad asked as he sat in his hospital bed with a tray of food in front of him.

"Yeah! Me and Onii-chan are gonna be the best duo on the island and everyone will love us! Right, Onii-chan?" 21 asked cheerfully as your dad noticed you look conflicted.

"What's wrong?" Your dad asked as you were hesitant, but spoke up.

"I think...I should stay here...with you..." You said as this surprised both your father and 21.

"What are you talking about? I told you countless times before that I'm fine. Don't worry." He said as you gripped your pants a bit tighter.

"I just got through being a villain's vessel and I'm still not fully over about what happened to you and 21 that day..." You said as you remembered fighting Buu after your father and allies were all injured from that day Buu turned into a giant ape. "Villains are lurking all over and they're just waiting for the right moment to strike. I need to be here for you in case anything happens and--." You were cut off when your father suddenly patted your head as you looked up and saw him smile.

"Thank you, Y/N, that makes me happy to see how much you care about me. But, staying here would be a mistake." He said as he turned back towards the tv talking about Endeavor stopping a truck that was being driven by the League of Villains. "It's true that without a symbol of peace villains have become more daring than ever, but that's why you have to go..." He said as he turned back towards you. "You have to go in order to get strong and smarter about the hero world. You said you were going to become a Symbol of Hope, right?" He said as you remembered that promise.