except lizzie, ayana and I were barely paying attention due to our phones constantly being in our hands.

"mom, you got any more of that mac and cheese  left?" vanessa asks.

" yes, you want some honey?"

"yes please. that was too good." vanessa chimes, referring to our dinner mom had made earlier on.

mom goes in the kitchen with ayana's greedy ass following behind her. i knew she was going to ask for some aswell.

"so what's everyone been up to ?" vanessa questions , facing lizzie and myself. "i feel like we barely see each other anymore, considering we live in the same house."

"damn right." lizzie laughs. "well, i've just been going out with my friends, beating people's faces and... selling niggas dreams."

i giggle at how obnoxious my sister is.

vanessa rolls her eyes, playfully hitting lizzie on her thigh . "liz, you will get very bad karma if you keep breaking guys hearts. also , stop referring to our black men as niggas. they are kings."

here comes vanessa with her negro empowerment.

whenever she got all deep and spiritual it was so funny.

"girl bye. let's move on to ryan." lizzie says, brushing her off. "ryan what have you been up to?"

"well.. just hanging out with my friends like always, eating good food... like always.. oh and tomorrow i'm going on a road trip for three days with ayana, quan and diallo." i reply.

"sounds fun." vanessa chimes.

"yall fake for not inviting me." lizzie huffs. "then again, yall young as fuck. i might be too much of a party. you guys wouldn't be able to hang wit me in real life."

i roll my eyes. "oh please. you're an old woman now."

she looks at me in disgust. "sis i am only 23. not 30."

vanessa and i laugh as lizzie scrunches up her face at me.

i give her a kiss on the cheek even though she was pretending to push me away.

" as for myself, i'm joining a podcast at school." vanessa announces, looking very pleased with herself.

"about what?" i ask.

"uplifting students who may be depressed, struggling with classes, struggling to make friends or anyone who just wants to hear words of affirmation. we will be speaking to the soul." she does a pretend meditation pose & exhales.

"that's nice. i wish i had something like that back in high school because that place was tough on my mental." i chuckle.

i was deadass .

"i need that right now." lizzie jokes. "life be kicking  my ass."

we all laugh as
mom & a very greedy but happy ayana return. mom hands vanessa a plate whilst ayana sits beside me with her own.