53

(a/n) i'm alive. i lost my passion for writing these past months and didn't feel okay writing a story that would have very little effort put into it. but, i've recently installed wattpad again and was reading all of your comments on this story and i've realised how much i've missed this. so to thank you, i've added this chapter. please recap on past chapters if need be. it's been a long time. anyway... here's chapter fifty three.
——————————————-

aaliyah - at your best

chapter fifty three.

It was nearly midnight and everyone were still dancing away and eating food ... well , whatever was left.

quan and ayana danced around the garden hand-in-hand , sharing kisses every now and then.

marquise  was slouched on one of the chairs , most likely from drinking so much. gladly, no one took notice since they were all so busy talking amongst each other and laughing.

That's when I noticed someone was missing.

diallo.

I went back inside to the church, the remnants of the decorations were still up. I peeked around the men's toilets to see if he was in there... but he wasn't.

my intuition told me to look outside the front and just like I thought, he was sat two steps down outside the church.

I know earlier he was pretty annoyed at me for not wanting to talk to him because of marquise. I was just hoping that he was over it by now.

"hey." i murmur, almost whispering.

i don't know why i was so nervous. i think i was feeling guilt more than anything. he had done nothing but be there for me when marquise cheated and he was a good friend, helping me with my fashion ideas and bringing me to my interview.

he looks up at me and a smirk tugs at the corner of his mouth.

"oh . you can talk to me now because your hood nigga ain't around huh?"

i sigh and sit beside him, not caring if my dress gets dirty.

"i'm sorry. i just wanted peace between the two of you tonight. it's dwayne and mali's wedding. i didn't want him to ruin it by having an argument with you."  i explain.

"i hear you." he says dryly. "i don't even know why you still talk to that nigga. he disrespected you on a whole new level and you let him back in your life so easily shawty."

he looks at me disappointedly , shaking his head.

why did i feel so bad?

"i just wanted to forgive him. i mean... that's the right thing to do ain't it?"

he snickers. "yeah. but to forgive doesn't mean that person has to be a part of your life again."

"true." i mutter.

there was a comfortable silence for the next five minutes until i hugged him around the waist. i didn't even care if he wasn't reciprocating the hug.