32

nelly - ride wit me
instrumental

chapter thirty two

"is everything set out perfectly?" vanessa asks me as we both scurry around the house.

"yeah. lizzie's out there right now making sure everything is intact." I respond, carrying the tray full of food into the backyard where lizzie was.

she was trying to stretch and tying pink ribbon around the stalls.

as for everything else; it was perfect.

vanessa went over to the patio floor and set up the wireless speakers on the table.

"i'll play the music when people start to arrive." she says.

I nod my head and walk back inside. it was 3.44 pm. everyone would be arriving at 4.00 pm and all three of us had been working since 12.00 .

we had made mom stay in lizzie's room so that she didn't see anything. it was sort of a surprise party since she didn't know what was going on.

"okay guys i'm done. i'm going to go and start on momma's makeup." lizzie announces, leaving the decorated table alone.

she jogs back inside, wearing her cute oufit. she really did dress appropriately according to the dress code.

"I guess i'll get dressed ." vanessa says.

she was in shorts and a sweater, even though it was like 30 degrees .

"okay girl."

vanessa leaves the speakers and also goes inside, disappearing into the house.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

the weather was exceptionally beautiful today and the breeze was good but this heat was something else.

my phone rings in my back pocket and I answer it.

"hey, me and quan are on our way." ayana says.

"okay, did yall get her a present?" I ask.

"of course I got my second mommy a present." she scoffs.

"good. " I smile to myself. "anyway, i'll see you in a minute."

"yeah. we're almost there." she chimes. "deuces."

I hang up and slide my phone back into my pocket.

I look around the garden and actually had to admit that lizzie done a good job putting the decorations around the backyard. there were stalls with different girly designs and balloons hovering over one of them.

I leave the pretty yard and go inside the house. I go upstairs to my room and change into my outfit.

I chose white shorts, a white tank top and a floral kimono gown. I paired it with cute heels and got my flat iron from inside my dresser table.