28

future - fresh air

chapter twenty eight

"this is so lit!" ayana shrieks as we walk inside the massive mansion-type home.

there was marble floors and the interior design was immaculate. everything was so perfect and glossy. I could tell we was in the suburbs of miami.

"I know right." I agree .

diallo was already whisked away by a group of very good-looking boys. i'm assuming they were his friends. they all dispersed through the living area and into the back garden where some people were.

the majority of the crowd was in the hallways and the living area, grinding and bumping to r-kelly.

ayana and I went straight to the kitchen to get hydrated. we both opted for cans of coke mixed with the hennessy.

we knocked that back and refill our cups before going into the large living space where people were.

"ain't nobody tell me the dress code was slutty." ayana grunts, staring at all the different girls outfits.

"word." I murmur.

there were girls in little tight ass skirts and basically wearing bras. I know what a bralette is but these weren't no damn bralettes.

there was a dj in the corner of the room, playing around with his devices.

the song changes to future - fresh air and everyone's spirits rise as the bass controls the ground.

"say touch your toes when you're cooking breakfaaa-ast!" ayana and I both sing in unison, holding hands.

she gets out her phone from her purse and snapchats us singing.

the beat drops and everyone dances whilst going along with the lyrics.

"let's go outside." I say, leading her through the patio doors to the massive backyard.

there was a pool at the far end but no one dared to get inside since no one was dressed appropriately for swimming.

"he is fine." ayana gushes, slyly pointing at one of the boys from diallo's group of friends.

"ayana." I hiss. "you got a man. don't be complimenting other niggas."

she pouts. "why does everyone have to be so scrumptious."

I cackle and hug her. she was way too cute sometimes.

my eyes meet diallo's as he's engulfed in conversation with his friends. he motions with his hands for us to come over.

we walk to their little male crowd which was not as awkward as I expected it to be.

instead of throwing grimy compliments and cat-calling us, they all greeted us with respect.

"nice to meet ya'll." the guys say, taking turns to hug us one by one.

"you too." me and ayana squeak.