30

jess penner - life is rosy

chapter thirty

"where's my morphe palette?!" lizzie shrieks as she scurries around the house in her satin nightgown and fur slippers.

I roll my eyes as she enters my room with concealer triangles under her eyes . i'm guessing she was planning to blend that in later.

"have you-"

"- I don't wear eyeshadow." I quickly answer before she could even ask.

she lets out an exasperated sigh and goes to bother mom who seemed to be in a good mood.

she had a plate full of fruits and was smiling as she chewed.

I was surprisingly watching this whole scene from my room, since I had left my room door open for once.

"mom, have you seen my morphe palette?" lizzie asks.

mom shakes her head and continues to eat her fruit peacefully, entering my room.

lizzie looks at her as if she was crazy and follows behind her, forgetting completely about her missing palette.

"ma, did you sign the letter for the trip?" vanessa questions, also entering my room.

before I know it, the whole household was making themselves cozy in my castle.

"yes, I signed it. it's on the dining table downstairs." mom replies, lying beside me.

she was in a plain tee and adidas running leggings with a matching adidas baseball cap. her hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail and all of her makeup was removed.

mom looked great when she wasn't in her work clothes.

"hey ma." I kiss her cheek.

she smiles."good to see you ryan."

"does no one care about my palette? that was $40!" lizzie cries.

me , vanessa and mom give each other the look and ignore lizzie.

"mom, it's your birthday on sunday." I mention, changing the subject.

"is it?" she chuckles. "I completely forgot. work has got my mind going at 2 miles per hour. I don't even remember how old I am."

vanessa sits on the couch below my window , playing with her curls.

"yeah. don't worry though mom. we got your birthday covered." vanessa reassures her.

that was a lie though.

none of us had even started buying stuff and we only had tomorrow and today to do everything.

lizzie raises an eyebrow."nu-uh. we haven't even started."

vanessa and I glare at her.

"big mouth." I sigh.

"oop, my bad. this is why I stay to myself and do my makeup. that seems to be the only thing I can do right." she says.