42

partynextdoor -
peace of mind

chapter forty two

"any reason why you needed to meet me?" I ask, sighing as I fold my arms.

"what? I can't even get a hey ? damn ma." marquise says, sliding down on the bench giving me room to sit down.

I look him up and down. "you don't deserve shit from me if I have to be honest, let alone a second of my time. seriously, I don't even know why i'm here ."

I begin to walk away until he gets up and tugs my arm.

"listen ryan, i'm sorry. i been sorry about the whole situation and I know it hurt you like crazy. if anything, it only made me realize how dumb I am to let someone so special like you slip away." he rambles.

he moved closer to me and his cologne traveled up my nose. it was strong and sweet which wasn't helping my current anger towards him.

"well you done lost me marquise." I say, taking a step back.

he takes a strand of my hair and tucks it behind my ear. "listen, chill with me for a while."

I laugh. "you must be crazy if you think i'm chilling with your ass ."

he sighs. "please ryan."

I look at this boy , pleading, almost begging.

I unfold my arms and let them fall by my side. "no longer than 20 minutes."

he loosens up a little and puts an arm around me.

"no touching . " I remove his arm around my shoulder. "who knows what kinda disease you caught from that hoodrat maya."

he leans back on the bench and scoffs. "don't worry. i'm all clean. we never even fucked. "

I glance at him. "she was ontop of you in lingerie .. don't lie."

"yeah she was ontop of me in lingerie. we didn't even get to fuckin' because I didn't wanna fuck that bitch. all I did was rub her ass and chill." he explains. "and before you speak.. yes , I know that the situation shouldn't have even occurred in the first place . I was dumb as hell for that."

I nod my head . "damn right you was."

he shrugs. "... but that's why i'm here right now ; to fix things. we didn't really leave eachother's lives on good terms."

I chuckle. "so you're here for closure?"

"yeah & a little bit more?" he ignores my warning and puts an arm around me.

I remove his arm once again and he only ends up placing it around my shoulder, completely ignoring me.

I surrender , not even bother trying to move his strong arm .

"a little bit more? " I repeat, raising an eyebrow.

"I never fucked her. I never placed my lips on her and she never placed hers on me. it was just exactly what you saw. yes , I did cheat. so i'm asking you to forgive me ryan."