13

jacquees - fuck a friendzone

chapter thirteen

I stood patiently beside marquise as he ordered food. 

"can I get a uhh.." he drags, looking at everything on display behind the woman.

whilst he done that I decided to take over and get my food.

"can I have a large butter popcorn, with  a large diet coke please?"

the woman nods her head cheerily and taps it into the system.

"aye what you doing?" marquise asks, looking down at me.

"i'm buying food?" I furrow my brows. I didn't understand what I was doing wrong.

"whatever she just said she wants - i'm paying for it. " he tells the woman.

"marquise I can pay myself it's fine".

"nah. I will never take a girl out and make her pay." he shakes his head.

"okay, thank you." I smile.

"yeah, can I get whatever she's getting." he says to the woman , referring to me.

"sure. just wait a minute . whilst you're waiting you can pay." she turns the card machine towards us.

marquise takes out his credit card and slides it in, then taps in his pin. the machine authorises it and he takes it out, placing it back into his wallet.

the food comes and we both take it. we had already got our ticket for the movie. it was fast and furious 8 which I absolutely did not like but it was better than watching some kids animation.

we went inside the dark theatre room. our seats were all the way at the back , at the very top in the corner.

they were few people in here, maybe around 40 people but mainly everyone was sitting in the middle and bottom.

the advertisements were playing so we would probably have to wait a couple minutes before the movie started.

" I don't want to be a debby downer, but I actually really dislike this whole movie franchise." I mention.

"why's that?" marquise asks, sipping on his soda.

"personally, it's boring and since paul walker died I don't see any point in them carrying it on. after they made his little tribute they should've just left it alone." I rant.

"yeah but that means everyones last memory of fast and furious would be paul's death. they don't wanna leave the fans with a bad memory." he explains.

I roll my eyes . "uh eitherway, it's still got a crappy storyline. it's basically about cars and guns and fighting, over what? I don't know but it seems to be some outdated beef that they're dragging on for so long. "

marquise chuckles . "you got quite an opinion ma. "

"I guess ." I shrug, throwing popcorn in my mouth .