Chapter 4: The All-Nighter

10:00 PM

Sarah: Okay, quick-check in!

Chris: Eight!

Zack: Twelve!

Abbie: Thirty!

Tyler: Thirty?

Abbie: What can I say? I spent a lot of time online.

Sarah: Okay....time to really concentrate and do this!

Sarah continues writing to 15 pages, to 20 pages and to 20 pages. Chris looks over Sarah's shoulder to check on her progress.

Chris: Wow....you're getting a lot done.

Sarah: Let's just say I'm highly motivated.

Chris: And why's that?

Sarah: I want to stay because of our friends! Look around....look at the way everyone is here helping me! I've never had friends like this before, and if I leave school, I'll lose them.

Chris: Don't worry. You're not going anywhere. We won't let that happen.

As Chris heads back to his laptop in the next room, Kaitlyn and Abbie sidle up to Sarah.

Kaitlyn: Okay....time to dish. What's the latest on you and Chris?

Sarah: What are you talking about?

Kaitlyn: Don't play dumb. I know you two stayed behind last night....

Abbie: Stop pressuring her, Kaitlyn. They were probably just talking....Plus, Sarah would never be that reckless enough to date someone in the house, right?

Sarah: Well, to be honest, we kind of are just friends.....at least, that's how I see it.

Kaitlyn: Huh. I thought for sure you two would connect....

Abbie: I'm just glad to hear the suite is staying drama and bullshit free.

Sarah: Anyway, we should get back to work!

Kaitlyn: You're the boss....

Midnight

Sarah: Looks like we're ahead of schedule. We're almost a third of the way through!

Kaitlyn: But we've hit a serious emergency: the damn coffee maker is fried!

Abbie: What?!

Zack: Shit!

Tyler: Game over, man! We're doomed!

Abbie: Really, dude? You're quoting Bill Paxton, now? God rest his soul.

Zack: Not if I can help it! It just so happens that the campus coffee shop is only a short walk away from our dorm! Even better, the barista is a total babe. His name is Brandon, and he basically looks like he was carved by Michaelangelo. Please, please come with me, Sarah! You can be my wing-girl! Plus, we'll get enough coffee to keep everyone awake and typing!