21.Monday Morning

Liam P.O.V

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Scarlett, her fluffy brown curls tucked under her scarf and her brown skin glowing to me. Am I crazy that I really want to give her my all, show her that we should and can be together? I looked at her reaching to touch her face when my phone rang and I looked at the annoying face of Jessica on my phone. I picked it up and walked to my door not wanting Scarlett to hear me talking to her.

"Hey," I said picking up.

"Hey babe, hows your week going so far?" She said making me roll my eyes.

"Its only Monday, the week just start," I said pushing my headphones into my phone and walking out of my room with no shirt on, just my pajama pants.

"I know that handsome, I just miss you so much." I pushed the bathroom door open and took a piss.

"Yeah, I miss you too I guess," I said washing my hands and walking into the kitchen with my mom, who sat food in front of me.

"You guess? What the fuck has been wrong with you!" She yelled making me take my headphones off my head.

"Hey Jessica," My mom said with an annoying voice and she just looked at me rolling her eyes.

"Hey mom," Jessica said and my mom laughed.

"I'm not your mom Jessica, your mom is a 6-foot lesbian that makes Franken Stines Monster look like a whole snack." My mom said making me laugh but I held it in.

"I look like what?" The deep gross voice of Jessica's mom came onto the phone.

"Oh you heard me," My mom said walking back to the phone.

"Mom Kitchen now, please?" I asked her picking up the phone.

"Hey, how's it going?" I asked not really caring.

"I and Jessica are going to be back this Thursday, so you don't mind if I come to check out my house right?" She asked in a threating tone that I didn't like.

"Sure you can, you know our door is always...." Before I finished I head the phone beep telling me she hung up.

"She's a bitch and I don't know why you stay with that bitch daughter of hers when you have a beautiful girl upstairs." She said sitting next to me.

"Mom, me and you both know life isn't that black and white," I replied looking at her tired face.

"Well, it sure looks like love is." She whispered.

"As cute as that was, I'll give up school, my life and yes even her to make sure you're alright mom. If dad could take care of me and you till his dying day, I'm going to take care of you till your dying day." I replied and she smiled.

"I would much rather die living under a bridge than to die knowing you gave up something that special for me. I got the love of my life, and to be happy it's not your job to take care of me. You take care of yourself and that girl upstairs because I haven't seen a smile or that bounce in your walk till now." She replied but I didn't listen.

"I promised him to take care of you and this house, I'm not going to fuck that up and lose this house or have you under a bridge," I replied stuffing food into my mouth till I couldn't talk.

"You're a stubborn ass just like your father," She said with a smile.

"Yeah, his head is fucking hard." The sweet voice of Scarlett said making my mom smile big.

"Pretty, smart, sexy and the mouth of a damn sailor! Hell, you don't marry her I will!" My mom said jumping up and hugging Scarlett tight and she returned it.

"Sit down baby, I'll bring you some food!" She yelled running into the kitchen.

I watched her sit next to me at the table and play with her phone until she caught me looking at her. She looked at me and I smiled at her big and she gave me a cute smirk as she grabbed a slice of bacon off my plate.

"Are you going to say good morning to me, Kitten?" She asked me and I got excited on the inside.

"Good morning my beautiful Goddess," I said to her as my mom placed food on the table for me.

"You two should go to the river today, how about in like an hour?" My mom said and I nodded thinking if how much she might like the small town.

"WHy in an hour?" Scarlett asked my mom with her brow raised.

"Oh nothing," She replied and Scarlett smiled big and that made me look at both of them.

Is there a joke I'm not a part of or something?" I asked the two pretty girls and they smiled.

"No," They both said and I gave them both a knowing look and there smiles only got bigger.

I looked back at the door when the sound of a knock hit the door and I stood. 

"No baby I got it!" My mom said rushing past me and I didn't seem to care about the weird behavior once Scarlett touched my hand.

"What's this talk of a river?" She asked making me sit back down and I smiled at her.

"I'll show you around the whole little annoying town, I'm sure you'll like it and everyone would love to meet you," I said and she gave me a look telling me that kind of made her nervous, and that wasn't a feeling she had often.

She ate her food and I just read the news off my phone and I loved everything about this. Simple and peaceful, and that was all I need, this, her.