9.Sunday Night

Scarlett P.O.V

I had everything I needed, plus a nice room booked for Liam all week. I had everything packed, and as I pulled my bag out into the hallway I was Otis talking to one of the girls there. Her she looked drunk and so did he as they both fell into her room. I was happy he didn't see me because I didn't feel for him right now, the fact I have to deal with my dad was enough. I pulled my bag down the stairs till I saw Liam, standing next to his car smoking weed. 

"Pop the trunk," I said to him and He did it with his keys as if I was impressed.

"See what I can do, I can pop my trunk with my keys." He said making me want to laugh.

"I'm so impressed, get in the car," I said and he flashed his white teeth getting in.

I sat next to him and pulled my window down because he stinks of weed. The drive was going to be about three hours long, depending on how he drives. I looked at my phone seeing Megan and Jen already sent an I miss you text. Then I looked at Otis number, he didn't have a contact just a number with 38 missed text from him, and 14 missed calls. I was honestly sleepy, like always because I sleep 4 hours a night.

"So, I got the directions." HE said not knowing what to say.

"I guessed as much, you're going the right way," I said when his phone started to ring.

He slowed down catching the light since no one was behind him. He looked at the phone and picked it up, putting the phone to his ear.

"Hello." He said with a smile.

"Hey, baby." A sweet voice said over the speakers in his car super loud.

He reached to turn it down and smiled at the radio now.

"Mom, I have a friend in my car so keep this short." He said.

"Oh boy, any friend of yours is a friend of mine, who is this guy?" She asked and he glanced at me.

"It's not a guy, she's my classes my mate, Scarlett." He said and she laughed.

"Well nice to meet you over the phone young lady." She said snorting a little as she laughed and it made me and Liam smile.

"Nice to meet you Mrs.Foster," I said and she did a sudden gasp.

"Mrs.Foster, she has fucking manners too! Invite to the damn wedding!" She said laughing more and Liam started to laugh too.

"I'll talk to you later crazy woman, I love you." He said and she stopped for a moment.

"I love you too," She said hanging up.

I've only met his uncle and talked to his mom, but his family was really happy and giggly people. They made a lot of jokes, and made fun of each other in good spirit, happy was the word I'm looking for. I wanted to ask Liam something but to be fair I was going to wait till the start of his week before I asked him anything. We drove for about an hour and a half before he talked again.

"What's up with you Scarlett?" He asked as soon as I was about to go to sleep.

"Nothing, what's up with you?" I asked back and he shook his head.

"No, why do you have moments? Moments where this you are gone and a different type of you come out. It's like I can't explain it, but you just change." He said and I understood what he was asking.

"Well Liam, I'm a more demanding and dominant type of woman," I replied and he glanced at me.

"I feel like over this week, I've gotten to know you but not really." He said and I looked at him.

"Are you good to keep driving?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it's only 8:11." He said looking at the time.

the next two hours we spent with me sleeping for the most part and waking up when he hit a pothole because he didn't avoid them.

"Are you hungry at all?" He asked me.

"No, I'll eat at home," I replied and he nodded before he yawned.

After 10 minutes he stopped in front of my house and I gave him everything to get to his hotel room. He looked at the house and I'm sure he wasn't expecting to drop me off at a 12 bedroom mansion. I stepped out and grabbed my bag before he pulled off, I was almost sad just to walk into this house again. I knock and after less than a mintue, my mom pulled the door open.

"Scarlett!" She yelled giving me a hug.

I hugged her back more happy to see her than her counterpart, she pulled back and looked at me and I looked at her. Her black hair was slight and fell down to her shoulders, and her light brown skin even and smooth. She pretty almond-shaped eyes complemented her bright red lipstick.

"Hey mom," I said and she smiled.

"I missed you beautiful," She said kissing me all over my face.

"Vanessa who's at the door!?" My dad yelled from his office I'm sure.

"It's Scarlett!" She yelled back.

"Scarlett come here!" He yelled and she backed away for me to walk upstairs.

"Dinner is down here when you two are done." She said walking away and I headed up the stairs and opened his office door.

"Did I teach you nothing close my door and knock!" He yelled like always.

I closed the door and knock, and he didn't say anything, so I stood there looking at the door us to this fucking stupid game. After about 10 minutes he said to come in and I pushed the door open.

"May I take a seat?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, Because I don't want to be bothered with you long girl." He said and he looked at me.

I looked at the well-toned, handsome ass whole that sat behind his desk. His hair was always cut short, and his brown eyes had angry in them like always

"Have you talked to Otis?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I talked to him today," I replied.

"Did you go on that date with him?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I had homework to do," I replied and his fist hit his desk.

"Listen here little girl, I'm asking for you to entertain that boy and nothing more. You're still holding onto the fact he told his friend's dirty stuff about you and it got around. Or those disgusting picture that he shared, well boys are going to be boys but you should have respected yourself more." He said making me so angry I could cry but I wasn't because I don't cry.

"You act like dating someone is so bad, do you want to lose this comfortable life. You don't know what the ghetto looks like, or what struggling feels like. You never had to duck bullets or work minimum wage jobs, you never had a blister on your feet, or lift a heavy box. You're a spoiled brat, and to ask simple things of you is hard to do. You will keep their legs closed, and if you do open them it will be for the benefit of this family." He yelled at me.

I opened the door with a blank face, not letting any emotions come out of me. I wasn't going to let anyone see me hurt, or cry, or anything so as I walked to my mom in the kitchen she couldn't see a thing wrong with me. I sat down and she handed me a plate of food that I didn't eat, and she sat next to me.

"Not hungry?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sleepy mostly," I replied and she nodded.

"Go to bed baby." She said clueless of everything like always.

I stood looking at her clean something and I shook my head, but it's not her I guess. She knew dad was an asshole, but the worst of him was always hidden in the office when he yelled at me. I told her once and It started a big fight between the two and after that I never did again. She wasn't as strong as me and that was fine. I walked into my old bedroom and grabbed a few things as i opened the window and calmed down the tree next to me.