31

Bev makes her way down, and then the rest of the losers follow, leaving me and richie at the top.

"Ladies first." Richie says

"Thank you kind gentle man." I say in the british accent we used to do as kids, which he chuckles at

I drop down into the hole, with my head poking out slightly.

"See you down there handsome." i wink

"be careful." I hear him faintly say

"worried about me trashmouth?"

It was a very long way down and narrow. But we soon made our way to the bottom, where there was a small entrance.

"this is where it hid." Mike says as we stand around a much larger cavern

"you're telling me this has been under derry, like forever?" i ask

"not forever." Mike says, "just a few million years."

We make our way towards the middle where there where spikes arranged in a circle.

Mike takes out a triangular box and places it in the middle of us.

"it can only be attacked in its true form." Mike explains, "the ritual will show us that."

"and what is it's true form?" ben asks

"I hope it's a puppy." Richie says, "like a pomeranian or... i'll shut up." He says after we all glare at him.

"it's light." Mike says, "a light that must be snuffed out by darkness." Mike then pours some gasoline in the box and lights a match putting it into the box creating a flame.

"your artifacts. Place them in the fire." Mike tells us.

i watch as the rest of the losers pull out their artifacts as i hesitantly pull out the pair of richies broken glasses that i had tried to fix once.

"the past must burn with the present."

"this is the boat that i uh built with g...georgie." Bill says placing his artifact in the fire first.

"it's uh, my inhaler." Eddie says taking a deep inhale before placing it in the fire.

"come on dude." richie says

"something that i wish i had held onto." Beverly says holding her postcard, and placing it in the fire next.

"this is uh, a page from my year book. That only one person signed. I probably should've forgotten it, but i couldn't because i kept it on my wallet for 27 years." Ben says throwing it into the fire next.

I take a deep breath, "uh these are the first pair of rich's glasses i ever broke. I spent ages trying to fix them but i never did and i uh kept them ever since.." I say holding onto one of the wonky legs. i slowly place them into the fire.

I saw richie smirking slightly next to me.

"this is a token from the capitol theatre." Richie says placing it quickly into the fire.

"You brought an actual token?" Eddie asks

"yeah man." Richie says, "that's what we were supposed to do asshole."