28

"we should go back there." I say.

"What the fuck were we thinking?"

"we weren't!" i say

"no, no. Fuck that, fuck them." Richie says

We drive past the synagogue, were stanley's bar mitzvah speech was.

Richie stops the car, and turns to look at me.

*flashbackkkk*

I sat in the wooden rows, next to richie. He was wearing a pastel blue suit and i matched with a pastel blue dress.

"reflecting on the meaning, of what i just read, the word 'leshanot' comes up a lot, which means 'to change, to transform' which makes sense i guess, because today i'm suppose to become a man. It's funny though. Everyone, i think, has some memories that they're prouder of then other, right? And maybe that's why change is so scary. 'cause the thing we wish we could leave behind.... the whispers we wish we could silence... the nightmares we most want to wake up from... the memories we wish we could change... the secrets we feel we have to keep, are the hardest to walk away from. The good stuff? The pictures in our mind that fade away the fastest? Those pieces of you it feels the easiest to lose. Maybe i don't want to forget. Maybe if that's what today is all about, forget it, right?"

"thank you stanley." The rabbi says trying to take the microphone from him.

Stanley walks away, pulling on the lead of the mic, "Today, i'm suppose to become a man, but i don't- i don't feel any different. I know i'm a loser. And no matter what, i always fucking will be." Stanley says dropping the mic- making the crowd gasp.

Richie stands up, slowly clapping. I reluctantly stand up too clapping along with him. But soon the lady next to us pulls us down.

*end of ze flashbakkkkc*

Me and richie were now sat in the rows, "thanks for showing up stanley." He says, i grab onto his hand and smile slightly at him.

we both lean in for a second but i awkwardly say, "We should get going... you know- the others.. they'll be waiting for us."

"yeah- yeah you're right.." He agrees

We arrive at the library and the door is wide open.

"what the hell." I mumble

Richie rushes off before me into the library.

"Richie wait." I say trying to catch up to him.

"Holy shit, rich." I gasp as i see him standing over mike and now a dead henry bowers.

"I guess you could say that was long overdue." Richie laughs slightly, "get it 'cause were in a library."

Suddenly he retches and throws up right next to mike, who was still on the floor.

"oh.."

"Mike?" Beverly shouts

"hey."

"hey, oh my god." Beverly says and screams as she sees henry

"are you alright?" Ben asks

"no i'm not alright i just fucking killed a guy!" richie shouts

"i think he was talking to mike, rich." I say to him

"where's bill?" Mike asks

Mike calls bill, telling him where we are etc..

"He's going to fight it alone." Mike tells us

"what?" richie asks

"alone. It about the group. The ritual won't work without the group. Doing it together is why it worked."

Richie looked at the box and it has sort of scratch marks all over it- "what the hell?" I whisper to him, he shrugs. Mike quickly snatches it out of him hands.

"mike did he tell you where he was going?" Ben asks

"if he really wanted to kill pennywise, there's only one place he'll go."

"The same place the ritual needs to be performed."

"oh, we're not going to like this are we?" Eddie asks

"fuck." I sigh.