𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝙸

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

"Wake up, you little shit!"

You groaned when something hard hit you in the ribs.

"Wake up!" the strident voice screamed again.

You opened your eyes slowly and looked directly into the furious eyes of Mrs. Smith, the lead guardian of the orphanage. She was someone nobody wanted to mess with, so you quickly averted your eyes and stood up while looking to the ground.

"Thank God I won't see your ungrateful ass ever again from tomorrow on," she spat and rolled her eyes at you. "Now, go and wash up!"

"Yes, Ma'am," you answered as it was the rule and quickly escaped her piercing glance.

You walked to the washroom and stared at your reflection in the cracked mirror while grabbing the crumbling sink with both hands. In the mirror, you saw a pale and thin girl that looked malnourished and sick. The hair was tangled and looked dull, and the eyes looked dead.

You quickly looked away and began to wash up with the ice-cold water. Then you dressed into the faded grey clothes that were common in this orphanage and opened the door. You wanted to walk but collided with someone who already stood there.

"Hello, freak," a tall girl said, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Hello, Nancy," you replied calmly, pretending not to be intimidated by her while internally, you were shaking out of fear.

She walked closer, towering over you. Behind her, you could see her minions Emma and Lizzy, who smirked at your helplessness.

"Did you dream of purple, sparkling people again?" Nancy wanted to know with her words full of mockery.

You angrily stared at her without answering. Yes, when you had come into the orphanage at the age of six years, you had told everyone about a boy who emitted a purple glow, but that was long ago. Nevertheless, you still got bullied because of it.

"Oh, freak... if I were you, I would be worried," Nancy said while furrowing her eyebrows, showing you fake concern. "Tomorrow, you'll become full-aged, and Mrs. Smith will kick you out. Then you'll have to survive alone in the outside world. Awww, is little Y/N afraid?" She pouted and squished your cheeks forcefully, digging her long nails into your flesh.

You flinched, and she smirked at your reaction.

Suddenly, the piercing and aching sound of a siren shrilled through the orphanage, making everyone wince at the noise.

"You're lucky, freak, that it's time for breakfast now. Next time I won't be so nice. Oh, wait!" Nancy laughed. "There won't be a next time because you will be kicked out and die outside."

She flipped her hair over her shoulders and turned around to walk towards the dining room, her minions following her while you stared at the ground, worrying about the future. How should you survive in the cold without food and warm clothes?