EPILOGUE

I have always been fascinated with the different colours in the sky when the sunset. It felt calming and took me away from my mental and worldly troubles. I had discovered the best spot was this one tree, massive and sturdy in nature, and tall enough to avoid the neighbouring trees. I would climb it to the very top and sit there watching as the sun falls below the horizon, welcoming the darkness of the night.

A beautiful sight: it is unfortunate it only lasts a few minutes.

The drop-ship site wasn't home, but I made it work. It was quiet but I kept myself busy. I threw myself into a routine.

I had to, because if I didn't... if I let myself lie down and let my mind wander... I still hear the sound of the gunfire ringing in my ears, and I find my heart sinking every time.

I told myself after the first few days after that day that I wasn't going to let myself get destroyed. He told me to survive, and so, I decided to take my second chance in life doing what I do best.

Survive.

Once in a while, Kane would come down to spend sometime at the drop-ship. It was heart-warming that despite what I had turned out, he still cared. He would often bring something with him, whether it was to eat or drink, and sometimes, he would bring Bellamy. It was still awkward between him and I, but over the few times he visited, our friendship grew.

And it made me wonder... if Bellamy could look past my misdoings; would the whole of Arkadia?

It was a question I was scared to ask. Perhaps, it was a question I should never ask.

Arkadia was not ready to forgive me, it never will. As long as Clarke remained one of Kane's advisors, the people of Arkadia will be constantly reminded of its real enemy.

Perhaps... Roan made the right decision after all...

~ THE END ~