3

I heard the loud neigh and sat up immediately. The disorientation took me by surprise as I watched Roan prepare his horse. He was dressed completely, and when he saw me sit up, he said, "I thought I'd let you sleep in for a little while longer, seeing as how completely exhausted you were,"

I ran my hands on my face and sat up grunting. I murmured, "How generous of you,"

"But since you're awake now," he walked up to me slowly and waited until I slipped into my thick clothes. When I was done, I glanced up at him and he revealed a rope.

I sighed, "Is that necessary,"

"You're a criminal, Xavier," he said, "According to Lexa, at least,"

"I saved your life," I reminded him, "And this is how you repay me,"

"This is politics," he said immediately, "And you brought this upon yourself when you got involved."

I clenched my jaw. After a momentary hesitation, I raised my wrists so he could tie me up. He tied the rope around my wrists and said, "Get on the horse."

I raised my tied wrists to my face and shrugged, "I'm a little tied up at the moment,"

Roan let out a frustrated sigh and pulled me towards the horse.

"Get on," he said firmly.

"Hate to break it to you, Roan," I said mockingly, "But that's going to be impossible for me to-,"

Before I could finish my mockery, he grabbed me by my waist and lifted me up onto the horse. I gasped and then stared down at him, stunned.

"Not a problem anymore, is it," he said annoyed and then mounted onto the horse in front of him.

"Are you seriously going to hand me over to Lexa," I asked him once we got out of the cave, "After all I've done for you."

"I'm a warrior, Xavier," he said without glancing back at me, "I have a mission. And my mission is to make sure Azgeda doesn't come for Lexa. And the only thing that's capable of doing that is you."

I exhaled sharply and muttered softly, "I should have just let them shoot you dead."

Roan chuckled softly, amused, "Yes, you should have."

---

The snow had begun to melt away as we walked further south towards Polis. The pathway began to look less familiar each passing hour, and the silence that had drowned the both of us began to feel unbearable.

I was still weak from the whole fiasco that went on for the past couple of days.

I had only closed my eyes for a second, and I felt the drowsiness take over. When I did open my eyes, I realized I was resting my head on Roan's back. Startled, I sat up straight.

"Had a lovely nap," he asked amused.

I growled softly, glaring at him, and looked around. The whiteness had completely melted away, and everything looked green once again. I haven't seen this much green since I walked away from Clarke that night.

"We're almost there," he said.

"I know you're a warrior and all," I said weakly, "But can we please stop for a while? I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, and honestly I don't know how you can sit on this horse for so long without hurting yourself."

I heard Roan take in a deep breath. After a long silence, he slowed down and said, "We'll rest for a while. Then, I'm taking you to Polis," he glanced over his shoulder at me, "And if you try to run,"