7

The familiarity of the harshness of the cold weather brushed against my cheeks as I walked through Roan's village. The world had turned white once again, and the grey skies hung above our heads, ready to pour down rain or snow. I felt the hostile glares on us as Roan and I walked through the thick snow towards Queen Nia's tower.

The village was smaller than Polis, but the tower, which held her Royal Highness, looked similar. It was covered in white, with frozen ice spiked around the tower like a barrier from foreign invasion.

Azgeda's fortress was nothing compared to Skaikru's weapons, I thought.

Once we reached the tower, two Azgedian guards stopped in front of us before we could enter the tower.

"Let us through," Roan said in Trigedasleng, authoritatively.

"Identify yourself," one of them asked in the similar language.

Roan let out a frustrated grunt, but in his calm and collected state, responded, "I came here to see my mother."

The guards exchanged glances. Clearly they were new to their post, I thought. Curiously, I glanced at Roan. How long was he gone for anyway?

"I am Prince Roan of Azgeda," Roan's tone grew intense, "My mother is Queen Nia."

"My lord," the guard who spoke earlier glanced at him, slightly intimidated, "I am afraid we cannot let you pass."

Roan exhaled sharply and glanced at me momentarily. Then, he glanced at the guard, "Pass my mother a message for me, won't you?"

"Yes, my lord," he responded.

Suddenly, Roan grabbed his dagger, slipped it into my hand, grabbed my wrist and struck the guard who had not spoke a word.

"What the hell," I screamed out in anger and felt Roan wrap his arm around my neck from behind me. I saw the panicked look on the guard's face.

"Tell her I bring her Wanheda," he snarled softly.

---

Wanheda...

Queen Nia will now think I'm Wanheda. Roan was right when he said he was not my friend.

I was scowling as I glared at the back of his head as we walked through a hallway. Two guards who held me by my arms were dragging me behind him. I could feel every bone in my body feel the urge to grab one of their weapons and strike Roan in his head.

We went through a massive door, and entered straight into the throne room. Queen Nia sat in her throne, and beside her stood a young girl with dark hair. They carried the same scars on their face like Roan, marking them as Azgedians. I saw the girl give me a nasty glare before returning a tamer look towards Roan.

"Son," Nia stood up on her feet and raised her arms towards him for an embrace, "You have returned."

Roan stopped several feet from her and glanced at the guards. When he nodded, they shoved me to the ground and took couple of steps back.

I grunted when I felt the hardness of the floor on my knees, but I struggled back on my feet and watched as mother and son finally reunited.

Yet, there was a cold chill in the room surrounding us.

Nia dropped her arms, yet her smile remained in tact, "How was your journey? You must be exhausted."

"I have brought you Wanheda," he said bluntly, and coldly, as if he didn't believe that his mother could be this hospitable.