10

"You want me to do what," Clarke exclaimed in horror.

We sat in my room, Bellamy and I along with Clarke, who clearly was horrified about everything I had just told her.

"You owe us this," I said softly.

"Xavier," Clarke panicked, "I cant do that. You know I cant. We've already allied with Lexa."

I growled in frustration, "Listen to yourself, Clarke! Lexa is using you. Like how she used you at Mount Weather,"

"Let it go," Clarke barked in frustration and stood up firmly with her fists clenched tight.

"Clarke," Bellamy stood up to calm her down, but I pulled him back to his seat and got up to meet her annoyed gaze.

"I can't let it go, Clarke," I spoke calmly, trying to assure her that I was no longer mad, though annoyed, at her about the incident that took place in Mount Weather. I wanted to let her know that her alliance with Lexa was another attempt at Lexa trying to exhaust our resources. "She gave us her word, and she betrayed us. Think about it," I took a step towards her, "If Lexa feels like it, she will turn on you again."

Clarke clenched her jaw, and I could tell she was gritting her teeth. She was annoyed, all right. But there was something in her eyes that spoke anything but anger.

Perhaps, desperation.

And all at once, it dawned on me.

She had that same look when she pulled that lever in Mount Weather: the look of desperation to save her people.

"What has she got on you?" I asked her, and at once, Clarke tensed.

"What do you mean," she stammered.

"Lexa," I said, "What has she got on you? You don't fear her, no," I continued talking as I watched her expression turn from confusion, to a quick realization that I was getting close to what she was thinking, "You've never feared anyone. You've always been a fierce leader; I'll give you that. But you don't fear Lexa. But she has a hold of you, doesn't she? No matter what she does, you're willing to stand by her side,"

Bellamy watched us, more Clarke, in anticipation of what she might respond with. He stood up as well when he realized that there might be some truth as to what I was saying.

"Clarke," he called out to her softly and she averted her gaze towards him, "What did Lexa do to you?"

Finally, she gave in. Closing her eyes, she sat back down in her seat and buried her face into her hands. Bellamy and I exchanged glances, intrigued and confused at the same time. I knelt in front of her, careful not to make any physical contact with her, trying not to give her the 100% confidence that I was coming back to Arkadia, and watched her attempt to recover from whatever emotional exhaustion she was suffering from.

Clarke finally raised her gaze at me, dropping her hands onto her lap, and said softly, "Lexa and I are lovers,"

---

I stood by the window, watching the people down below living their life. The snow was starting to melt with the sun shining warmly. Clarke's frail voice kept repeating the words over and over again, and with every second that passed by, I felt the urge to vomit. The thought of Clarke falling in love with a monster like Lexa was baffling. But despite her monstrous ways, according to Clarke, Lexa was just an innocent girl given the responsibilities of commanding all the clans at a young age.