11

The sun shone brightly through into the room, and the sound of a bird smack against the glass-paned windows caused me to open my eyes instantly. I sat up straight in my bed, unaware of the situation that I was in, and glanced at the figure laying next to me in bed.

The sight of Roan sleeping next to me got me panicked, and the realization that I was completely naked worsened my panicked state of mind.

He moved gently, and very slowly he opened his eyes. I averted my gaze to my lap and slowly pulled the duvet across my chest, leaning as gently as I could against the headrest.

Words were not spoken, not even when Roan sat up on the bed and flung his legs out of bed. I glanced at him, watching him sitting quietly on the bed, his back facing me, his head hung low in silence.

I gulped and thought about the events that had occurred after the intense kiss we had shared the night before.

I closed my eyes in dismay.

What have I done?

We were startled at the sound of the door open, and I panicked, hoping it was no one we knew. But to my luck, it was one of the guards coming in with the scheduled breakfast they had been bringing to my room since the day I had moved into my room. The guard glanced up at us, and there was a slight hint of embarrassment on his face when he saw the Prince of Azgeda sitting on my bed bare-naked.

"Apologies, my Prince," he bowed embarrassingly at Roan and spoke in Trigedasleng.

"Leave us," he responded in English, and at once, the guard did as he was ordered to.

I heard Roan let out a loud sigh and get up. I gulped as I watched him putting his clothes back on, doing his ultimate best to avoid eye contact with me.

I wanted him to say something. Anything. But the situation kept getting more uncomfortable with every second that passed by with us being silent. I wanted to speak. But I was not sure of what to say that could make the situation better. It seemed that silence had become our best accomplice.

Roan finally managed to get his clothes back on. His last act, which was strapping his sword belt around his waist, interrupted the silence when he finally decided to meet my gaze.

"You should eat," he said softly.

"Roan," I sat up straight on my bed, holding the duvet across my chest.

He took in a deep breath and continued to watch me in silence.

I wasn't sure if I liked the look he was giving me. It was almost like he regretted the events that had transpired last night.

And what he said next sank my heart to the core.

"This shouldn't have happened," and with that, he walked out of the room.

---

I was trying to forget about the events of last night, and the uncomfortable situation I was forced to face earlier in the morning. So I decided to put my mind at ease by thinking about what was ahead.

And that was to rush the war between Trikru and Azgeda.

I sat with Bellamy and Clarke in Bellamy's room. It was smaller than what I had, but it looked pleasant. There were more guards located outside his door, so I had to convince them that I was sent by Queen Nia to talk war tactics with the Skaikru.