Author's Warning

Just as a warning for the next upcoming chapters.

The book is tagged as mature due to the sexual and violent nature. I never had a warning on the sexual content because I didn't feel it was crossing the line too much. Even though it did go into detail there was no force or violence in its nature that would cause anybody any psychological harm.

Reason for this warning is the torture scenes that I'm about to embark on is extremely graphic and extremely violent in a very evil nature. I do this because I believe that is the part of my character Vincenzo.

I know some readers like to believe that he is the greatest thing alive. That Athena and him make a amazing couple. That is how I try to write them. My vision for them is that they do make an amazing couple. However in this world of fantasy I want to give some truth.

The truth is that people have many layers bad and good. Even the ones that are considered the most evil can have some heart. The ones who are seen to be a saints behind closed doors can be people that what disgust you.

The idea that I have for Vincenzo is that he is a strong dominant male. He takes the role of King of the mafia world very seriously. He was brought up in the mafia and so he's seen many things in his life which has hardened him and his heart.

I tried to tap in on that a little bit when he was talking about the religious aspect trying to give you a sense of his beliefs so you know where this story is going. I also try to give little hints of when he was referring to the hunger to fulfill his bloodlust.

My idea around the the characters are this. Vincenzo is the quintessential Mafia leader. He's not drunk on the idea of money like others but he demands power and respect. He feeds off of fear. He is extremely smart even though he'd rather not show it. He is cunning and manipulative. He is violent at his nature for it is how he grew up. He makes no excuses or apologies for who he is instead he relishes in it.

I tried to make him and Athena extremely opposite yet compatible. I don't know if you caught the hints earlier in the story that his love is almost an obsession with her. He finds her pure and strong yet fragile. She is his everything and he will succeed at all cost to preserve that light he sees in her because that's something rare in his world.

Athena on the other hand her love for him is also an obsession. For her she finds strength in Vincenzo's. He makes her able to be comfortable enough to be who she truly is. Her whole life she's growing up sheltered the point that it's almost being a bird in a cage. To give some insight Athena is very smart. She knows what her father and grandfather do for a living. She also grew up in the mafia lifestyle but had a very different experience. To her Vincenzo she finds freedom not only in her life but in her soul. She knows he is considered a bad man the worst actually a beast/monster but to her he is a God.

I hope you guys like the story. Thank you for all the positive comments it really means a lot. I just want to finish this statement saying that I apologize if I have negatively affected anyone in these chapters to come. There is strong violence almost animalistic and you're evil but I feel as I have to be true to how I envisioned each character.

Again thank you for reading and I hope you like it.