Chapter 26

(VINCENZO'S P.O.V.)

Pain rushes through me as I slammed my hand against the wall. "Hey, man calm down." Caleb says to me as he puts a comforting hand on my shoulder but I showed them off. "Calm down.. calm down... how am I supposed to calm down? Tell me how am I supposed to calm down my wife who I just got back in my life has been in that room with those damn doctors for over four hours. Nobody will tell me anything about my wife or my child and you want me to calm down you're fuking lucky I'm not tearing this fuking place apart and spilling everyone's blood." I rant as I paced back and forth.

"Vincenzo my son, I know it's hard but let the doctors do what they need to do and she will be fine." My mother says. "Yeah can you guarantee that? Can you guarantee she's going to be fine mother? Can you guarantee our child is going to be fine mother?" I stay raising my voice with each question. I see so many emotions swirling in her eyes sadness... pity... worry and I will have none of them. I will not weaken my Kitten needs me to stay strong. "I will kill everyone in this place if they fucking think I'm playing someone better fix her!" I yell not really at my mother but at everyone. "Vincenzo, I understand you're upset and you're worried we all are but please do not yell at your mother she's only trying to give you strength even when she herself is worried beyond belief." My father says as he holds her in his arms. My mother silently sobbing. "I'm sorry mother. I do not mean to snap at you. I just want to know what's happening. I just need to know she's okay that they're both okay." I say my voice starting to crack as I pull her into a hug. "It's alright my son you love her i understand. I'm also worried." My mother says.

"Philippe is on his way he should be here in a few hours. Have we heard anything?" Marco my father-in-law asks. I was about to tell him when the doors open up and the doctors come in. "How is she? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" I rattle off my concerns. He looks at me with worry in his eyes and a hint of fear but doesn't speak.

My stomach flips 'No God No.. this can't be happening.' I pray to myself. "I'm going to ask one more time and you will answer if you value your life. What is going on with my wife and my child?" I seethe. "We ran every test imaginable. The baby is doing fine surprisingly. The little boy is strong all of his vital signs are good he's moving and k..ki..kicking." The doctor stutters at the end. "And my wife? How is she?" I asked with hope knowing that my child is fine so my wife would be to.

"Unfortunately the mother has slipped into a coma. Her vitals are fair but her brain activity has slowed." The doctor says not able to look at me. "What do you mean she slipped into a coma? How is this happening? What caused this?" I yell grabbing the doctor that's in front of me by his neck.

"We were actually going to ask you some questions." One of the other doctors say. "What kind of questions and what does this have to pertain to my wife and her condition?" I stay loosening my grip on the one I'm holding. He rubs his neck and coughs trying to stutter out what he wants to say but unable to so the previous doctor continues. "Has your wife come in contact with anything unusual or anything out of the ordinary? Has she ingested anything new?" He asked. "No, not that I'm aware of." I say. Like he was saying we ran some tests and the tox screens comes back irregular. With that result we focused more on that and broke them down. In doing so we found a combination of different toxins. Now these toxins are fairly common plants but their extract is deadly if exposed to too much and or the right combination of them." He explained. "We find it extremely strange that she was given these particular strand of toxins. The reason why I'm saying this is because these toxins are not harmful to a fetus but harmful to the mother and amount that she had in her was not enough to kill her but to put her into a vegetated state. This state could possibly last until her death." He explained.

"So what are you telling me now?" I asked ready to shoot everyone in the fuking head. "What I'm saying Mr. Vincenzo is that it looks like somebody set out purposely to poison your wife but not to harm your child. It was as if they knew she was pregnant and they wanted no harm for the baby but they wanted to harm your wife." He explains. 'That's it the blood bath will commence.' I think planning revenge.

"What do we do now?" I asked shaking because For the first time in my life I am so terrified. "I have an option but it's unconventional. My sister is a doctor of sorts. She specializes in what we in the medical field call Unique practices. She specializes in a lot of old remedy medicine from the Native American culture mixed with old Chinese era. Oils and extracts of plants, etc. These practices aren't popular nowadays like they were back when people would call them witch doctors or healers. My culture we called them shamans as I am Native American." He explains. "I talked it over with her and she is working on an mixture like an antidote." He continued.  I sigh out a breath of relief.

"However Sir with how long this toxin has been in her system and how much longer it will be until my sister can mix the antidote and bring it she's not a hundred percent sure that it would cure her. It could leave side effects and it's also not have an effect at all. It's a big risk but it's the only option that we see to take. It's entirely up to you but as a medical professional who is also a husband and father I'm telling you this is the best chance you're going to get. This is the best chance she is going to get." He explains looking straight into my eyes without fear. "Do whatever you have to do. Bring your sister and the whole witchy Clan I don't care make sure my wife lives." I say to him. He nods and leaves to make a phone call.

"Caleb get the team together now." Caleb goes to to leave but I stopped him. "Wait, I want you to send a team to the airplane and I want everything that she has touched bagged and scanned. I want everything in the limo bagged and scanned. Also call her grandfather he should be in route and have him tell his home staff to do the same. We are going to find what poisoned my wife and who had the audacity to hurt her and my child." I order. "Blood will be spilled. Someone will pay for hurting her. They call me the Devil now I will show them all why I got that name." I say to my family.