Chapter One

Jasmine sat outside on her porch she had just gotten back from buying an ice-cream from the local truck that made its rounds around the block every day, The weather was nice and she needed something to cool her down besides she hadn't had an ice-c...

Jasmine sat outside on her porch she had just gotten back from buying an ice-cream from the local truck that made its rounds around the block every day, The weather was nice and she needed something to cool her down besides she hadn't had an ice-cream in so long.

"Jas, you just going to sit there and let your mama struggle?" Jasmine's mother Loretta said with a frown as she struggled with a few boxes.

They had just moved back to Loretta's childhood neighbourhood where she grew up and raised Jasmine for most of her life until they moved when Jasmine turned eight, now they were back for good this time but it was only Jasmine and her mother. Loretta and her husband Mike had a good marriage until she caught him cheating with some white bitch from his office and now they were going through a divorce and Loretta was moving back home leaving him behind in their old family home, she heard he moved his affair into the home but that didn't bother Loretta at all, she no longer cared what he did she just wanted a divorce quick and fast.

Jasmine licked around the rim of the cone not allowing the ice-cream to melt onto her hands as she looked over to her mother who looked to be struggling with a heavy box.

"I just got this ma who gon' hold it for me if I help? That's just gonna be a waste of money that we don't got, you'll manage"

"Little girl I swear you're so spoilt! Ain't shit gon' get done if i keep depending on yo ass" Loretta smacked her lips waving her daughter off she knew better than to ask Jasmine to help with anything the girl was lazy.

Jasmine watched as a car pulled up on the street side before a tall masculine figure stepped out from the drivers side, his caramel skin was coated in tattoos and he was real attractive. It made Jasmine's stomach flutter just looking at him she had never seen someone so fine before and it made her wonder who he was, she never really found light skins attractive but this one was different, a different type of fine.

"I know that can't be little Saint who lived a block over from us, it can't be" Loretta came out the house her eyes also on the unknown male.

Jasmine furrowed her brows together looking from her mom to the male "You know him?" She asked.

"Well I be damned— Yeah, that's Dorothy's little boy Saint. You don't remember him?"

"No why would I? I don't even remember ever living in this neighbourhood"

"But you remember Milan?" Loretta shook her head at her daughter.

"Duh, how could I forget my childhood best friend she's the only person I remember and kept in contact with ma you know this"

Jasmine and Milan were childhood friends and were still going strong even though they barely ever saw each other due to the fact they lived in different neighbourhoods which were a bop away. But their friendship was strong they never missed a day of calling, texting or FaceTiming one another.