🥰"hey, hey.." - m. marner

request from Uracrackyheadhehe
i hope this is what you wanted :)

(your older brother is auston matthews who's roommates with mitch)

if 'auston' is spelled 'austin' it's from autocorrect since the guy i like is named austin and i type his name a lot tehe.

word count: 1565 words

lately, my boyfriend jackson (idk just the name of a guy who rejected me last night lol) and i haven't been getting along very well. he seems distant, almost like he never wants to talk to me. he leaves me on seen, replies with one word answers, and hasn't told me he loves me in weeks. i wanna talk to him about it but i'm scared. i don't want him to leave me, it's the first time i've been happy in years. i'm not feeling 100% so i'm staying home from work today, i'll probably just take a nap or clean up around the house.

austons pov

"i dunno mitch, he seems weird now. i don't trust him."
"who?"
"y/n's boyfriend.. i know she's happy but i feel like he's just using her. God, if i find out he's not treating her well, i'm gonna beat the shit out of him. he was my best friend when we were kids but he's changed, he's an absolute douche now. he asked me if he could date her and i said yeah because i thought he was the same as when we were young, but he's not and now i regret it." i ranted, i couldn't care less. i'm worried about her.
"what's weird about him?" mitch asked.
"well he used to be a nice guy but now he's cold and kind of an asshole, he smartened up for a bit when he started dating y/n but now he's just a dick again."

we finished our coffees and headed out of the shop, on our way to the car we saw this guy making out with a girl beside his car.
"jeez, save it for the bedroom." mitch said snickering at his own joke. i recognized the guy, although i couldn't put my finger on it just cause he had his face shoved against the girls. we sat in the car for a bit, we saw the guy get in the car with the girl and drive off.

time skip

"aight mitch, i'm off to the conference. i'm gonna be gone for 5 days!" i yelled letting mitch know i'm leaving. he just yelled okay without looking away from his video game. i was a little scared leaving him alone because he's such a child.

y/n pov

as i was just about to sit down to watch some tv, i heard the car pull into the driveway. weird. he wasn't supposed to be home for hours. the door opened revealing jackson and another girl. they stopped immediately and we stared at each other. i stood up and walked over to where i was right in front of jackson. "fuck you" i whispered while looking in his eyes. i walked out of the opened door behind them and got in the car. i saw the door close. she didn't even fucking leave.

i didn't even know what to do so i drove to austons place. i drove faster as tears fell from my eyes. quicker than usual, probably from the speeding, i was at austons.

i walked inside the apartment building and knocked on his door over and over again until it opened. mitch answered. great, that's the last thing i want right now. to have my childhood crush see my crying. i'm a fucking mess.

"woah y/n, are you okay?!" mitch asked, worried.
"i'm fine. is auston here?"
"uh no.. he left a couple hours ago for a conference in ottawa."

i broke down and just started crying. all i needed was to talk to him and he isn't here. the one time he isn't here..

"hey, hey.." mitch said as he pulled my sobbing self into his arms. it was nice, the feeling of his strong arm wrapped around my waist while his other hand was pushing the back of my head into his chest. my hands clasped together behind his back and my arms squeezing his sides while we stood in the open doorway. we stayed like that for a minute until mitch moved his arm to shut the door behind us.