🥰"you can cheat but i cant?!" - q. hughes

(what do you see that's wrong with that photo😂)
requested by MitchMarnerfan16

word count: 1700 exactly :)

i stepped out of my car and shut the door behind me. i walked up to the front door of my house and unlocked the door, shut it behind me, and threw my keys down on the table. "hey quinn! we gotta go to your party thing it's almost 4!" i yelled up the stairs before heading to the kitchen. "okay just a second!" i heard quinn yell back to me. just a moment later he ran down the stairs wearing his navy blue suit and tie. he looked at me with a big smile on his face. "how do i look?" he said excitedly. i looked at him with my hand resting on the kitchen counter. "you look amazing, quinner" i replied with a warm smile. he walked up and engulfed me in a huge hug. after a silent moment just enjoying his hug, with my face buried in his neck i said "alright bubs, i've gotta go put my dress on. can't wait to see what they make you do tonight, you know, since your a rookie." his face immediately dropped and he got pale. "hey quinn, you okay? it was just a joke-" "no, no. i'm okay, i just forgot they always make the rookies do something embarrassing in front of everyone.." i felt bad, from what i know it hasn't been that bad for the rookies for the past year but i guess he still has the right to be nervous. i gave him a hug and told him everything would be okay then went upstairs to get dressed quickly.

we got to the party and walked inside. we met up with quinn's family and sat at our table. quinn told us he was gonna go say hi to some of his teammates. i told his family i was gonna do the same. jake and i had always been really close so i went to visit him and whoever he was standing with.

i walked up behind jake and tapped on his shoulders while saying 'boo'. he jumped but then turned around and smiled big since we haven't seen each other in a while. he picked me up and hugged me really tight "i've missed you, y/n! how have you been?" i glanced behind jake and saw quinn glaring at us. i shook it off and had a conversation with jake and then talked with the others who were standing there- pettersson, boeser, stecher , and horvat.

i went and sat down at our table beside quinn, i whispered a 'hi' to him but he just kept listening to the conversation his family was having. he was acting weird. maybe it was just the nerves.

soon enough quinn was called up to do his little rookie bit. it wasn't bad, they just had two actors act out a day in his life and if they got something wrong he had to ring a bell. he seemed mad the entire time though, he was forcing his laughs and smiles. he didn't seem happy and i don't know why.

when he finished he walked down to the table but kept walking by. i asked him where we was going but he just bluntly replied 'bathroom' and kept walking. i don't know why he's so mad. i watched him walk into the hallway. i looked back at his family and they all looked from the door to me. i looked at them, sighed, and got up to go after him.

i reached the door and opened it. i looked around the hallway but saw nothing. i turned the corner while saying "quinn, what the hell is your problem? i swea-" when i looked down the hall my heart broke into a million pieces. quinn was playing tonsil hockey with some girl he had pressed up against the wall.
"..quinn" i said half heartedly.
he looked at me and told the girl to leave, she walked by me and hit my shoulder but i never broke eye contact with quinn. after a long period of silence, i finally said something.
"why?" i asked him as a single tear fell down my face. "why would you do this?" i whispered.
"because!" he yelled, i flinched when he raised his voice.
i guess some of the guys on his team saw him walk away from the event and followed us out here. elias, brock, bo, and troy turned the corner and stood behind quinn facing me. they all looked at me worried.
"because why?" i replied as calmly as i could.
"because of what you did!" he continued yelling.
"excuse me?" i asked, confused and kind of defensive.
"so what? you can cheat but i can't?!" he shouted. at this point he was almost crying. i was just full on sobbing.
"quinn what are you talking about?!" i yelled through tears.
jake must've heard the yelling because he walked up behind me just after i said that.
quinn looked at us and spoke. he didn't yell but he was angry and it scared me.
"i know what's going on between you two." he said avoiding eye contact.
"between us!?" i raised my voice still crying.
"between. us.... THERES NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN US, QUINN!" i practically screamed. he looked frightened. i've never yelled at him or gotten angry in front of him before. "WE'RE FRIENDS. WHEN I HAD TO COME ALONG ON YOUR STUPID MONTH LONG ROAD TRIPS AND LEAVE MY FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND WORK FOR YOU, JAKE WAS ALL I HAD. YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO ME, HE WAS THERE FOR ME WHEN YOU WEREN'T. HE WAS THERE TO SIT WITH ME WHILE I CRIED BECAUSE YOU STOOD ME UP TO GET ANOTHER HOUR OF PRACTICE IN. AT TIMES HE CARED ABOUT ME MORE THAN YOU DO. SO DON'T FUCKING ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING WHEN HALF THE TIME I BARELY HAVE A BOYFRIEND TO CHEAT ON!" the hot tears on my cheeks stung. my eyes were bloodshot. all of the guys stared at me and so did quinn but i just looked at the floor. i looked at him one more time and quietly said
"i hope you're fucking happy."

i turned around and walked passed jake who continued to look at all of the guys in shock.
i briskly walked to our table and put my coat on and grabbed my purse. "woah y/n, are you okay?" luke asked me. "i'm fine, i'm not feeling very well so i'm gonna head home." quinn's family knew something had happened so they just nodded and said goodbye. i got in the car and looked at my phone.

quinner🥰🤪
imessage (11)

quinner🥰🤪
missed call(s) (3)

jake😜
imessage (2)

jake😜
missed call

brock😨
missed call

i didn't even bother. i didn't read any of the texts or phone anyone back.
without looking at what he said i texted quinn.
'find a ride home.'
i drove home with tears streaming down my face while listening to music. my phone was going crazy in the cup holder beside me. i didn't cheat on him. he cheated on me.

he cheated on me.

i saw it. he can't get out of this one. i knew i wouldn't be seeing him for a while since he had to stay at the event, he was one of the players after all.

i got home and took off my dress and makeup, then slid into one of my canucks hoodies and some grey sweats. i climbed into bed and tried my best to fall asleep. i couldn't. sooner or later i heard the door open and shut and the sound of shows being thrown into the closet. then i heard the bedroom door open. i shut my eyes hoping he would think i was asleep. there was silence for a moment then i heard the bathroom door shut and it was dark again. after a while the door opened and weight was put on the other side of the bed.
an arm snakes around my waist, i still pretended i was asleep. quinn thought i was but he started ranting anyways.
"baby i know you're asleep but i'm sorry. i let my emotions get the better of me, i knew you weren't cheating on me with jake but when i saw him hug you, i got jealous. you never hug me like that and i just felt like i wasn't enough. you mean the world to me and if this stupid mistake that i made costs me you, i don't know what i'm gonna do. you're my everything. i was stupid to kiss that girl. i was mad, and frustrated, and i didn't know what else to do. i wanted you to feel the way i felt, and know i feel the way you did when you saw it happen. i feel like shit and i'm so sorry. i should've been there for you no matter what. i'm a terrible boyfriend. i didn't mean to hurt you. i'm such a fucking idiot. i'm sorry... i love you y/n l/n. so. fucking. much..." he buried his face in my neck and held me tight. i couldn't stay mad at him. i get it.
"i love you too." i said quietly. he squeezed me even tighter and cried while apologizing. i turned over and we cuddled. i told him it was okay but he still wouldn't stop crying into my chest and saying sorry over and over again. "quinn, you're not a terrible boyfriend, you're busy, you have high expectations to live up to, i get it. i love you, and i'm sorry too. i get why you thought there was something between jake and i, and i was wrong to hang around him so much. i love you more than anything quinner." we continued cuddling and fell asleep in each other's arms. that was one hell of a night.

holy shit that was a long one.
(that's what she said... im sorry)
these requests are really helping with my writers block so please keep messaging me if you want more updates!!