🥰 "almost ate shit there" - j. hughes

slow updates but thank you for 25k omg😳
chapters are probably gonna be shorter now.

word count: 772

"hey y/n, let's go! we're gonna be late!" my best friend elias yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"yeah i know just give me a second!" i yelled back. we were heading to a public skate today.. elias has been so caught up in all his training he just wanted to have some fun.

i ran down the stairs in some leggings and a canucks hoodie with my hair in long dutch braids and natural yet still nice makeup. you never know who you're gonna see at the rink.

"jeez took you long enough" elias said, rolling his eyes as we walked out the door.

"ha ha very funny mr. takes 3 hours in the bathroom to do his hair before games even though he's just gonna mess is up by putting a helmet over it.." i replied while sitting down in the drivers seat of my car.

"okay, you never know what or who will see you before you go into that change room" he said to me, clearly offended.

"whatever.. just get in already!"

we drove to this little ice arena in cloverdale (just a town where i'm from) and parked the car just outside the front doors. we grabbed our skates from the trunk and headed inside.

"so y/n.. see any cute guys yet?" elias asked while lacing up his skates.

"dear Lord, am i that annoying? like are you trying to find me a boyfriend so you can get some time away from me?" i questioned with a laugh looking up from my skates.

".....no comment" he chuckled.

"meany!" i said as i lightly punched him in the arm.

we both started laughing and soon enough elias stood up, me following shortly after, and we headed to the ice.

"last one to the other end of the rink is a rotten egg" i said before taking off to the opposite side of the ice.

"hey no fair i wasn't ready!" i heard him yell behind me.

i turned my head around and looked back at him. he stopped and just stood there, admitting defeat. i flipped around and started skating backwards while telling elias to hurry up. before i knew it i was at the end of the ice. my back hit the boards and i slipped, my arms waved around in the air while i tried to steady myself. before i could fall two strong hands grabbed my waist and stabilized me.

"thanks.. almost ate shit there!" i said laughing without looking up at who had just stopped me from falling.

"no problem"

i recognized that voice. quinn? no.

i looked up to see.. jack?

"oh my God, jack! i didn't even realize it was you! i'm so sorry!" i laughed it off and he replied with "it's alright no worries!" laughing with me.

i haven't seen jack in years.. if we're being honest he got pretty hot.

"so.. it's been a while. how've you been?" i asked him with a smile on my face.

"i've been good! busy with hockey and such but i'm getting by!" he chuckled.

elias skated up beside me, snowing me in the process.

"ugh.. asshole" i mumbled while brushing off my pants.

elias decided to talk to jack and i really wish he didn't.

"so, jack.. a little birdie told me you had a little crush on y/n a while back." he said raising his eyebrow. i whacked his arm and jack laughed nervously at elias' comment.

"uhh.. yeah" he laughed. i felt my cheeks heat up and i looked down at my skates.

"y/n likes you too" elias said quickly before skating away.

"i hate you!" i yelled at him.

jack and i awkwardly stood there for a few minutes.

"..so"

"so.."

"hey jack come on!" one of his friends yelled.

"oh.. uh- gimme your phone."

"what?" i replied.

he just held his hand out and looked at me.

i unlocked my phone and placed it in his hand.

he went in quickly and added a contact.

jack handed my phone back to me and slowly started skating backwards.

"it was nice seeing you again.. let's hang out soon" he said with an adorable smile before skating back to his friends.

"you're welcome" eliass said right next to my ear. i jumped and gave his arm another whack.

"thanks.. loser"

ogey. i just got acrylics so i'm surprised i'm updating. i have a few ideas for stories and i'm on vacation rn so maybe i'll update more :)