🥰"is someone jealous?" j. hughes

this is just a regular imagine no warnings.
you and jack are not dating.

you were at a coffee shop catching up with some of the boys- Barrett Hayton, Mitch Marner, and Jack and Quinn. they were all friends with your brother jake. yes virtanen. everyone was laughing and having a great time. you went up to the counter to order the drinks you had everyone type down in your phone. you ordered all of them and while waiting, a group of boys about your age, maybe older, walked in. one of them caught your eye, the two of you stared at each other for a couple seconds before you realized that you were staring and looked away, blushing. he was really cute.

jacks POV

"yeah it's good to se- wait who the fuck is that" i cut myself off mid sentence.

"who's who?" quinn asked me.

"that guy that's staring at y/n, i don't like it" i probably shouldn't have said that.

"woah little hughes! do you like y/n?!" mitch questioned.

"is someone jealous?" barrett chimed in.

"uhh- i.. umm.. no?" shit. i made eye contact with a smirking quinn, he already knew.

"dude he talks about her 24/7" quinn said, then piped up with "and it was even worse this week leading up to today" i glared at him with a look of 'really?!'.

y/n's POV

the guy walked over to me. he was cute but it kinda made me uncomfortable how he walked up.

he walked up and got really close to me and said "hey baby, how bout you stop by my place tonight and we can have a little fun if you know what i mean" he said winking.

i started to get scared. i shakily whispered under my breath. 'please not again.'

jacks POV

"umm.. no thanks, i'm okay" i heard y/n say. i got a little suspicious of the guy and i could tell the boys were too by the way they looked around at each other, and me.

i remembered that this happened to y/n once a couple years ago but it got much worse and the guy ended up... you know.. it didn't end good. and i wasn't there to help her. it killed me having to walk into that bathroom and see that that day.

she looked terrified.

i got up and walked over there.

"c'mon it'll be fun" the guy said grabbing y/n's arm. she tried to pull it away and the guy tried to pull her to his group who were just standing there.

i walked over and put my arm in front of y/n. towering over the guy i asked calmly "is there a problem here?" keeping my arm on her, in between her and the guy. he let go of her arm and said "no, we were just making plans for tonight, isn't that right babe?" he said winking at her.

i put my hand on his chest and pushed him back slightly. "back off man" i said sternly, not breaking eye contact with him. "what are you gonna do about it pal?" he said with a smug laugh.

i knew i shouldn't have done it but the next thing i knew the guy was bent over holding his face and the boys were holding me back from hitting him again.

"that's what i'm gonna do about it, pal" i spat at him. the guys let me go. "you're a fucking creep, get the fuck out of here before i do it again." all of us guys stood in front of y/n. the dude and his friends all scrambled out of the shop. everyone was looking at us.

i turned around and hugged y/n as tight as i could. "you're okay, he can't hurt you" her small figure shook in my arms as she sobbed. i turned my head and looked at the guys and they told me we could go. i walked her out of the shop with my arm around her and we sat in the car. after a few minutes she stopped crying.

"i'm sorry" she said wiping her eyes and sniffling.

"why the hell would you be sorry, y/n?" i said quite shocked.

"i'm over reacting, this was just a small inconvenience and i shouldn't do this." i was again shocked by what she said.

"for fucks sake y/n, you're not over reacting. you have every right to cry right now after what happened last time. guys are fucking stupid sometimes. this is not your fault. and if a guy only wants you for sex he's an absolute fucking idiot. you need someone who can take care of you, and love you for who you are, not just for your body... like me." i mumbled the last part.

"jack.." she looked.

"i get it.. i'm just a friend i know but i-" she cut me off by pressing her lips to mine. we both melted into the kiss, it just felt right. after about a minute of making out, we pulled away, breathing heavily.

"i love you y/n. you deserve someone who will treat you right, take you for picnics, watch sunsets with you, stay at home and cuddle you while watching netflix, stick up for you" i said smiling and pointing at myself which earned a laugh from y/n. "and most of all someone who will love you for you. i want to be yours y/n"

"i love you too jack.. but how the hell do we tell my brother.." we chuckled together and kissed again. even though on the inside i was panicking because jake never really liked me but whatever. we'll make it work.

oi tell me why the fuck i don't write shit anymore bud.

i hate to admit it but i speak like that irl. i sound too canadian. i've got the accent and everything.

and don't be fooled, yes, we do ride moose to school and drink maple syrup out of the bottle.