🥰"what happened to glass!" - e. pettersson

(the one on the left)
NOT ABOUT JACK
i'm a canucks fan cause i'm from vancouver so there will be a few- quinn, petey, and DEFINITELY virtanen. he's just- 🥺

so basically pettersson can't take or give any hits. if you're a nucks fan you'll know.

22,33

you sat beside elias in rogers arena as you watched daniel and henrik's numbers raised to the ceiling. elias was a little more emotional, along with marky, since he's swedish just like the twins. petey grabbed your hand and held it, resting your intertwined fingers on top of his leg. soon enough the retirement ceremony was over and it was time for them to play the blackhawks. petey left to go change and you went to find your seat in the crowd beside the bench.

the game started and went by quite quickly. the hawks scored but it was goalie interference and  was waved off- though they challenged it, but they lost and van was on a power play. horvat scores- the crowd goes insane. then gaudette in the second- again, crowd is insane. and then roussel takes a big hit by kirby dach. roussel's down on the ice and the crowd wants a penalty. dach comes up to hit pettersson, somehow petey puts dach on the ice. the crowd was a bit shocked but cheered loud afterwards. you were even more shocked than the crowd.

pov change

the game ended with another goal by the canucks and a beauty of a shutout from markstrom. i stood outside of the change room in the tunnels with the teams families while i waited for elias. he walked outside with his bad sling over his shoulder and his sticks in hand. he looked around a little confused for a second but when he saw me his face lit up. he ran towards me and dropped his gear beside us. he picked me up in a big hug and spun us around. he put me down but didn't let go.
"did you see that!? i actually hit him! biggest guy on the team! it was clean too!" he sounded like a 5 year old on christmas morning. "yes petey of course i saw it! you were amazing out there! what happened to glass!" after hugging for a little longer, he said goodbye to his team and we headed home.

on the car ride back we listened to music. i was singing along to bohemian rhapsody by queen. i was laughing and elias looked over at me with a smile on his face. "i love you" he said while laughing. we had never said that to each other before. i stopped singing and he stopped laughing. "i-.. i love you too elias." i replied. he looked over at me and then quickly pulled over. before explaining why, he leaned over, grabbed my face, and kissed me slowly. after a few seconds he pulled away and looked into my eyes- i did the same, i didn't know what to say. he continued driving as i sat there almost in shock. he just smiled and looked at the road ahead of him. the rest of the ride was silent with both of us smiling and listening to music. i'm sure you can figure out what happened when we got home.

my updates are so slow lol sorry and this chapter is very short lol