🥰"truth or dare?" j. virtanen

this is gonna be a shorter one
(also 12k reads are you kidding me thank you😱)
(just found out jake was at my (now ex)boyfriends friends house and i almost screamed lol)

in this you're all in college and your roommate is your best friend.

alex= turcotte
trevor= zegras

my best friend b/f/n has invited me to a party she's having. it's not really a party more than it's just a few people hanging out- although she hasn't told me who the few people are which has me suspicious. we're friends with a few hockey players and they're over a lot so i'm expecting them to come.

just then there's a knock at the door and b/f/n goes to answer it. alex, jack, trevor, and quinn walk in followed by m/g/n (mean girls name) and... jake?! i haven't seen jake since we were like 15.. i'll admit i've never really forgotten my little crush on him and seeing him now, hotter than ever, it's all coming back. but great. he's with the sluttiest girl at this school. sure she's friends with b/f/n but God she gets on my nerves. and she's a fucking gold digger so i know exactly why she's with jake.

we all catch up and give hugs. m/g/n and b/f/n head to the kitchen to go gossip or some shit.
jake walks over and we start talking.

"so.. how've you been" he asks.

"oh, uh.. good, schools good, grades are up.. if i'm being honest i miss home." i told him. we grew up together in abbotsford BC(i actually live here lmao).

"yeah.. i miss having those stupid picnics together in the middle of the farm fields." we both chuckled.

"God, that seems like forever ago.." after a few moments of awkward silence i piped up.

"so.. m/g/n.. how's it going with you two"

he immediately tensed up and looked very uncomfortable.

"umm.. it's going. i know she's only with me because i'm in the nhl but mom was pressuring me to get a girlfriend and she was there." we always used to call each other's parents mom and dad.. that's how close our families were.

"oh.. i'm sorry." i said to him. he doesn't deserve that.

"no no, it's okay. she's just starting to get on my nerves ya know" he said very quietly.

"you and me both." we laughed and m/g/n whipped her head around and glared at me then looked back at b/f/n with a perfect little smile.

"jesus.." we both said after that and continued laughing.

we kept talking before the girls walked in and said
"alright! time for spin the bottle"

"God, m/g/n, what is this middle school?" jake said bitterly. i could tell he wasn't happy with her at all. she ignored the comment and sat down on the floor. jake sat beside her and i sat across from him beside alex.

it was m/g/n's turn and somehow it landed on jake so it was now his turn. he reluctantly leans to the middle of the circle and spins the bottle. it started slowing down and landed on.. me? uh oh.

m/g/n sent a harsh glare my way and i just sat there. jake stood up and so did i and we made our way to the middle of the circle. we locked eyes and stood there for a moment, jake put one hand on my hip and the other on the side of my face, he slowly leaned down and put his lips on mine. we kissed for what felt like hours before m/g/n piped up and cleared her throat "that's enough jakey" she said. he pulled away and we both gasped for air and started chuckling while smiling at each other. we walked off and sat back down. i noticed m/g/n looked extra mad at me.

i spun through bottle and it landed on alex. i looked over and so did he. his face turned bright red and i laughed. we leaned in, quickly kissed, and kinda pulled away but he leaned back in and grabbed my face and kissed me again and we almost started making out right then and there until b/f/n said "c'mon guys get a room". we pulled away and laughed and i looked down at my feet. when i looked up at jake i saw him glaring at alex who was high fiving trevor while m/g/n was hanging off of jakes arm.

everyone had gone. "truth or dare anyone?"
b/f/n asked. "yes but.. jake can i talk to you in other room for a moment please" m/g/n said while dragging jake away. alex and i went to the kitchen.

"so.." he said looking up from the drink he was pouring.

"so..what?" i said with a smile.

"that was a.. good kiss.. huh" he said smirking.

"i just don't get it jake! you never kiss me like that!" we heard from the other room. we looked at each other with wide eyes and laughed.

seconds later m/g/n stormed out of the room and walked out the front door. jake appeared from behind the door with a smile. he looked over and walked up to me. he picked me up and spun me around.

"she's gone! she's finally fucking gone!" he put me down and looked at alex then back at me.
"am i interrupting somethi-"
"ye-"
"no! of course not" i cut off alex who frowned and walked over to trevor.

jake and i walked through the sliding doors in the back of the house.

"you know i'm kinda sad we didn't get to play truth or dare.. woulda been fun" i said as i sat down with jake on the porch stairs.

"i mean we still could.." he said with a half smirk.

"ok"

"truth or dare.." he asked.

"hmmm.. dare" i replied resting my face in my palm.

"i dare you..... to kiss me" he said seriously.

i leaned in putting my small hand on the side of his face and kissing him sweetly. he put his hand on my waist and the other one on the small of my back pulling me closer. our tongues fought for dominance, obviously him winning and exploring my mouth with his tongue. we pulled away breathing heavily and once again laughed looking down at our feet.

"so what.." jake said turning his head to look at me.

"what?" i said innocently.

"i think we should give this a try" i was a little shocked but i guess he's been trying to get out of that relationship for a while and it's not too soon.

"yeah.. i think so too" we both smiled and kissed again.

jake pulled his face away a little bit and said "this won't be hard to tell our parents.. i bet they've been waiting for this for a while" i put my head on his chest and laughed and so did he. my childhood crush is finally mine.

so sorry for the slow updates- i've started online school and i haven't had a lot of motivation to write but now i do lol. some days i wanna write and other days i don't.