Special Chapter: Voldemort

Börja om från början

"Hi baby! You're so tiny! Aren't you cold? Come out and let me help. Are you a girl or a boy? Doesn't matter. Y/n unnie—or noona—will take care of you."

She was different, but I was too afraid to come out from beneath the dumpster I'd hidden under to escape the rain. I'd been kicked and stepped on by humans enough times to know better than to trust them.

Twas raining and freezing that day, the cold seeping down to my bones in a way that unfortunately, I'd become accustomed to. At least I was sheltered (even if it was a filthy garbage bin), but Y/n was not. The only sort of protection she had from the cold and wet was a jacket with a hood, but soon enough that was soaked through. Her father came out twice, trying to convince her to try again another day but she was persistent, claiming it was fine if she got sick as long as she got me.

She's loony. That was my first impression.

That day she looked me in the eyes and promised she would love me and take care of me and would never hurt me. Of course I didn't believe her.

As the day wore on and the temperature dropped, Y/n didn't leave once. Actually, she'd taken her lunacy one step further by lying flat out on the pavement and sticking an arm under the dumpster. It took me quite a bit to gather enough courage to smell the offered hand. Her scent is different than other humans. Once I got to know my fellow brethren, there was one thing we could all relate to. Y/n smells trustworthy. There's something in her scent that is inviting and warm. My feline counterparts are drawn to Y/n because of that.

When she stuck her hand under the dumpster, the back of it resting in a pool of dirty water, while her palm welcomed me in a non-threatening way, I'd only intended to get a good sniff so that I could figure her out. And yet, something inside screamed at me to go to her and before I knew it, I'd left my makeshift shelter and straight into her arms.

Her hands were gentle. They stroked my filthy hair in a way I'd never felt before, but I definitely took enjoyment from. Rushing inside the building, she promised that everything was going to be alright and she put me in her pocket as she approached her father.

"Lee Y/n!" he gasped at the sight of her, and immediately went to scolding. Fearful of the sudden threat, I hid deeper into her pocket so that I couldn't be sighted. "You said you were going home! Have you been out there this whole time?!? You're soaked through your jacket! What did you do, roll around on the ground out there? What were you thinking? Do you realize how sick you're going to be tomorrow?"

"Dad, none of that matters. I have a cat."

"For the last time, cats are not the only things that matter in life."

I wondered what was happening between the two of them because for a moment, all I could hear were the sounds of pots and pans clanging and the sizzling sounds of cooking.

"I'm sorry I said that," her father eventually apologized. "I'm just worried. Look at you."

A year later and I still feel bad about how sick she was for the next week. But I wouldn't take it back. I couldn't. She kept all of her promises and more. She gave me a home, a name, a family, groomed my fur coat so that instead of the formerly brittle and patchy mess, and I was now in possession of a glorious, long, and fluffy mane. All that, and she introduced me to my mate. Madam SparklePuss is the most beautiful and strong woman in this world. We don't want children like some couples do. But she is my partner for life, and someone I would be glad to snuggle and sleep with eighty five percent of the day, for the rest of my days.

Now, back on topic.

Steve as patriarch is not working for me. I've attempted to speak with him on this matter in several failed attempts. The last time I was very cross with him but Steve insists he only takes orders from the queen. Madam SparklePuss ruled that this was a male issue, and if we wanted to claim the top rank, we would have to fight for it.