Code-name Chi-laska

Alaska sighed. After several hours of packing, unpacking and repacking, she had finaly dwindled the mess that was her house into a neatly organized plethora of boxes, big, small and to big for anyone to carry except herself, and maybe Russia if he tried hard enough. She sighed, knowing she was going to miss her little log cabin, but it was going to a good family, she knew them well. The new Country made one last look-around, inspecting the bathroom (finding some extra gauze at the back of a cupboard which she assumed Germany had missed), her bedroom and the pantry. It all seemed barren. Lonely... 

         "Come now," she tapped her cheeks with her palms, "no going back, you're a Country, not a State. Living here would be like... like prolonging the process again... You belong with the others."

Confirming this in her own mind, Alaska gave one last confident huff before turning to go out the door. Then the toilet flushed.

~.~

         "I told you she had a business engagement." China defended himself.

         "Admit it China-kun," Japan squealed, "You like her for more than just her exports! She wears her burns and blisters like badges of honor!" she stood at attention, "Her history is one of hardship, always being conquered but she bided her time and ta-da!" she twirled like a school girl, "Now she's a Country and completely legal to marry!"

         "Take your twisted mind elsewhere, or I will declare war."

To this the woman merely giggled and bounced off, swaying to nonexistant music she somehow found in the gentle breeze.

     China had to escort Alaska from an after-party America was throwing for her, liqour included. China had brought his famous sake, but only partook in some, Alaska willing to try it, but she admitted to not being able to drink much since she had to meet with U.N. China offered to use his ring since hers wasn't made yet. Of course, she agreed, and after a little while the two left, completely sober. Japan assumed otherwise.

         "Interesting conversation."

The red and gold colored man jumped at the sudden familiar voice of the exact topic he was discussing earlier.

         "By the Emporers of old," he huffed out, a hand to his chest as he caught his breath, "How on Earth did you even get there?"

         "Seal hunting technique," she shrugged, "They can be very flighty creatures if they sense danger."

China nodded, then, once his lungs caught up with his need for oxygen and his heart slowed, the man asked Alaska what it was she would like to speak with him about. She seemed nervous.

         "Well... I seem to have run into a dillemma." she admitted, picking at a scabbed blister, "Uh... you're the only one I could think of to solve it and uh..."

         "You have children now?" he asked, this being the only problem he could think of that could make her so fidgety.

         "Goodness no!" she shook her head, "I just don't know how to prepare for them."

China realized, it wasn't nervousness, it was embarrassment.

         "How did you prepare for such a responsibility? I can't ask America, while he is a good father he's my step dad, that's embarrassing, and he'll make fun of me to Heaven and back. Russia is Russia, Canada would get all flustered and not know how to answer because I'm a woman, not that he's sexist but he's a guy!"

         "And I'm not?" China chuckled, to which Alaska paled, then quickly rambled about how he was a guy but she wasn't sexist either and on and on, until China silenced her with a hand to her mouth, "Why not ask France? She's a perfectly capable woman who has cared for numerous children, including her current separations of land." He removed his hand so she could talk again.

         "Frankly she's a bit flakey," she admitted, "and I've seen her kids they're mostly brats. Explains America a bit, Canada I'm sure is an extreme of his father, New Zealand I'm not to sure and Australia I'm sold on the fact that he was bit by every dangerous creature he caters to as an infant. He's like an advanced version of SpiderMan."

China chuckled at the comparison.

         "And any other eligible female Countries? Brazil, perhaps?"

         "Unfortunately I'm not to acquainted with other female Countries, besides Japan... I think they find me intimidating."

         "Well, just don't go to Japan..." China sighed, "She has a few screws loose I'm sure."

         "A few pages short of a manga," Alaska chuckled.

         "A few pillars short of a palace."

         "A few burgers short of my record."

         "Hello America," both Countries sighed, looking to the patriot who had butted into their conversation.

         "You two sure are getting all buddy-buddy," he noted, a hand rubbing at his temple where the 49 showed his defeat, "I was supposed to meet Japan here, something about a trade dilemma. Have you seen her?"

         "Unfortunately," China sighed, "She skipped off that way," the man tossed a thumb over his shoulder, "Be careful, she's in one of those moods..."

         "After party gossip?" America guessed with a chuckle. He couldn't wait to hear what she had to spill and theorize about.

         "The latest topic is pure fodder," Alaska huffed, "You'll find out soon enough. In the mean time, I have to go," she looked up at the sun, "I've got a meeting to determine how my land will be parted in order to properly manage it here in half an hour."

America looked up at the sun, his shades doing a horrible job to protect his eyes. He squinted, then looked at his watch.

         "You've got super-pupils," he commented before waving at the two, going to find Japan.

     The two Countries talked a little longer on their earlier subject of the embodiments of separated land before Alaska had to go, thanking China for help.

~.~

     Alaska turned as the door opened to the bathroom she had just passed, watching as a small child, her face white as no flag had been chosen yet, came out after washing her hands.

         "You're out of toilet paper mama."