"'m not sure," she replies as John helps her into her coat, "Baby things probably."

"And stuff for the nursery," John interrupts, "Pictures, ornaments. Stuff like that."

Roxanne grins when he happily agrees, practically flying down the stairs with Brian and Roger in tow.

"Oh, are you going, Fred?" Roger asks as he grabs his packet of cigarettes to go out the back for a smoke, "Shame. I might actually get this crib built up."

"Don't sound so happy, Roger," the singer mutters, "Roxanne, darling, where is the phone? I'll ring a car to come get us."

"That's nice of you to offer, Freddie but I thought that we could just get the bus."

"The bus?" Roger cackles from where he's stood at the back door, "Freddie, take the bus? That's hilarious."

"What's wrong with the bus?" John furrows his eyebrows, "I took the bus the other day and nobody recognised me. It was great."

"I'm sorry darling," Freddie shakes his head, "But I'm not setting foot on another public bus. Bad experiences. I'll ring Paul and he'll send a car."

God, it's been a while since she'd heard his name being mentioned.

"Besides," he continues, "It's a lot more comfortable for you, Roxanne."

That was true - buses were ridiculously uncomfortable and so she agrees, kissing John goodbye before they disappear out the door.
Finally, they could work in peace.

++|++

Roxanne loves going shopping with Freddie, he always knows where to get the best stuff, knows what he's looking for and, most importantly, he knows where to eat.

They'd just had the most amazing lunch in a cute -but very expensive- cafe and Freddie practically drags her towards a baby boutique, a place that the car's driver -who had five kids of his own recommended-, that spans three floors.

It was then that Roxanne realised that they were in no way prepared for the arrival of this baby. They still had so much left to get; a changing table, a pram, sheets for the crib to name a few.

They think that the best thing to do is split up; Roxanne goes towards the clothes and the little toys while Freddie looks at more decorative items and he comes back to her side every couple of minutes when he finds something that she might like. Which is pretty much all of it.

They might need a bigger car.

She's got a basket on her arm and every so often, she's dropping little onesies into it or a stuffed animal and it's not long before she's going back to the door to grab a trolly.

Freddie drops things into it as well, things that he thinks will go well together in the baby's room.

Roxanne smiles at one of the sales assistants when she starts restocking some breast pumps, something she has to buy too and as she moves to pick up one of them, she stops.

You know when you're standing in a queue or something and the face you get when your period sneaks up on you and starts there and then? Yeah, that's exactly how her face looked right now.
Except she wasn't getting her period. No, Roxanne was pretty sure that her water had just broken.

It had to be her water breaking, whatever was running down her legs, that was too much to just be pee, right?

"Oh god," she whispers, eyes darting to the shop assistant who is still stocking away, "Oh fuck."

The woman hears her, giving her a concerned glance, "Are you alright?"

"I..." she swallows, "I'm not really sure."