Chapter 29 Come Back

Začít od začátku

"It's not Tony...Please tell me Bruce was lying." Steve said looking at me and fuck...Bruce what did you tell him? "Did he touch you?" Steve asked and I shuddered. "Fuck," Steve said.

"Language." I chided and Steve snorted.

"You cuss like a sailor," Steve said.

"You're are fucking right about that, ass hat," I said and Steve laughed and it was quiet for a while as Steve looked at our hands.

"Are...Are you ok?" Steve asked looking at me.

"Well...I mean...Is anyone really ok?" I asked.

"Don't do that...I'm serious," Steve said.

"Hi, serious I'm dad." I said and Steve laughed.

"Walked right into, that," Steve said. "I can't get over that you're a dad," He added.

"I'm a great dad," I said.

"I know you are," Steve said and I looked at him stunned. "What? You've always had a softness with kids and you're so sweet with them." Steve said.

"Ok...sap," I said and Steve snorted.

"Do those three treat you good?" Steve asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Good," Steve said and I looked at him worriedly.

"Have you talked to anyone?" I asked.

"I met Jay...He's sassy." Steve said making me laugh. "Your son fangirls over me," Steve added.

"How dare he? He should only fangirl over his dad." I said and Steve smiled.

"I really missed you," Steve said and I frowned.

"Steve...Do you really mean it? That you're ok with this and us not being..." I trailed off and he swallowed looking me in the eyes.

"You read the words I gave you..." Steve said lifting our hands.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Stop apologizing, shell head. I love you but not romantically...You're like a brother...A sassy annoying little brother." Steve said and I glared at him as he let go of my hand.

"Ok gramps," I said and Steve laughed.

"You should go and rest..." Steve said and I nodded.

"Yeah...I'll talk to you later," I said and Steve smiled.

"Yeah." He said.

Steve's Pov:

"Stop apologizing, shell head. I love you but not romantically...You're like a brother...A sassy annoying little brother." I lied and he glared at me as I let go of his hand missing the comfort immediately.

"Ok gramps," Tony said and I force a laugh.

"You should go and rest..." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah...I'll talk to you later," He said and I smiled.

"Yeah," I said and watched him vanish. "Thank you," I whispered into the air...I really did miss him and I was so scared he'd get hurt.

Flashback

"Bastards!" I snapped as I looked at the perfect copy of me.

"You know what to do?" A hydra agent asked and the copy smiled.

"Infiltrate...Kill." He said and the next thing I knew I was alone...Oh god, Tony...He better not hurt him. I touched my chest where Tony's words were...He never got to see them. I never got to show him...Please be ok...Days passed when I felt burning. I frowned...My words are burning...Oh god?! Tony!? It stopped after a while and I struggled but still couldn't get free...Is he dead? I felt an ache in my wings...He can't be...Right? Soon I lost track of time and lost all my will to fight when they brought in my copy...Is it dead? Is Tony ok!?