At least she looked a little bit sheepish at that one.

There's another blast of the horn from outside and John starts gathering his bags.

Roxanne feels her bottom lip tremble. She's never been a fan of John leaving but now, with all of these raging hormones flying around inside her, she can't really hide it.

"You'll ring if anything happens, yeah?" he asks, trying to carry his bags to the door but he stills when he hears her sniffling behind him, turning to see her trying to wipe her eyes.

"Aw, Rox," he soothes, quickly opening his arms for her.

"I know that I sound like I don't care that you're leaving but I do. You know that right, John?" she sobs, "That I hate it when you go?"

And damn it, that breaks his heart. He runs his hands through her hair in an attempt to comfort her, muttering under his breath when there's yet another honk of the horn - he knows that it's most likely Roger.

"Of course I do, love," he whispers, kissing the top of her head.

"Phone when you land?" she asks, keeping her face hidden in his shirt, "I'll answer, I promise."

"I will," he kisses her forehead before crouching down so he's eye level with her stomach, "I'll miss you both. You have to promise me that you won't come while daddy's away."

Roxanne laughs softly when there's a kick in reply, wiping at her wet eyes but more tears threaten to fall when he kisses her bump.

"Have fun," she whispers.

"I'll try. Don't hesitate to ring my mum if you need to. You know she's always eager to come see us. And if you do go into labour, phone me."

"I will!" she laughs, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I love you."

"I love you too," he whispers, leaning down to kiss her.

++|++

It soon became clear to everyone that John was not handling being away from Roxanne all that well.

He was preoccupied during interviews, he didn't come out with the rest of the band as much and after two days into the trip, he was hesitant to join an interview until he was reassured that someone was manning a phone back at the hotel in case Roxanne or one of the others phoned.

And it was irritating everyone.

Roger knew that he was worried about Roxy, he was too but when he woke up to John on the phone to her for third time in one day, he'd had enough, snatching the phone out of the bassist's hand.

"What are you doing?" John reaches for the phone again, stopping when Roger holds up his finger to shush him.

"Nessie? Yeah, it's Roger. Listen, can you please get him to calm down on the phone calls?" John can hear Roxanne reply something and the blonde looks at him, "He's doing your head in too, is he?"

"She did not say that," John mutters, face turning red as he snatches the phone back from him.

"I didn't say that!"

"Rox?"

"John?"

"I...I'll cool it with the calls."

"John, don't listen to him. He's just being an arse." Roxanne comforts him.

"I just don't like being away from you," he admits, ignoring Roger as he rolls his eyes before getting up to go into the bathroom, "I should be there with you just now. We should be finishing getting the house ready."

"You're back in a few days," she says, "We're just lucky that this isn't a longer tour, aren't we?"

John decides to change the subject, he knows that if she says she misses him, it'll take everything he has not to get on the first flight he can and go home.

"What did you do today?" he asks, "It must be going on ten there."

"It is," he hears that she's tired, "I was supposed to go look at baby clothes with Becca and Kayla but I was too tired."

"Yeah?" he asks again, settling back against the headboard.

"Yeah," she murmurs, "And the baby keeps kicking me and jutting out their legs and arms...you can see it sticking out right now! The foot, I mean."

John visibly winces, "Ouch."

"To be expected though, isn't it? They don't have a lot of room in there anymore, do they? Can't be fun."

"So what did you do instead?"

"I won't lie to you, John. I've sat in my pyjamas eating whipped cream out of a can while watching Disney movies."

"Disney? You must be one happy lady."

"I am," she agrees, "Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland all on in one day."

"No Peter Pan?"

"Sadly no," she sighs, "Watching them makes me want to go back though. To Disney."

"We'll go back," he promises, "I told you that, didn't I? As soon as the baby is old enough, we'll go back."

He can tell that she's satisfied with his answer thanks to the little hum she lets out and then he yawns.

"You're tired," he notes.

"'m always tired," she admits, "Kinda just want them out, John. It's getting to that stage."

"Just a few more weeks, love," he comforts.

"Okay," she relents and he can tell that she's starting to drift off, "They can stay for a couple of weeks."

"Go to sleep, my love," he tells her.

"I'm not," she yawns again, "I want to talk to you some more."

"Roxanne," he says, gently but sternly.

"Alright, fine," she relents, "But will you stay on the phone with me?"

"I don't really know if I want to listen to your snoring, love," he teases and she gasps quietly.

"I don't snore!"

"I'm kidding," he laughs, "Of course I'll stay on the phone with you."

"Thank you." she whispers.

He'd try and keep the phone calls to a minimum for the rest of their time here. He'd be back with Roxanne in under a week.