Epilogue

After Angela's death, I couldn't get the thought out of my head that Angela was here for us all along but as a different person. She volunteered to fight for our country even if she wasn't going to get recognized for it when she came back. Angela helped me through a lot. She helped me through my love problems, my children, and she inspired me to become strong.

    I realize now how much Angela had been hurting and fighting on the inside. She's lost so many people that don't even know Angela Schuyler exists and she hid it away. I couldn't bear the thought of letting Angela's story go unnoticed so I wrote a book about it. I can't imagine how much pain she was hiding behind this strong facade that I was too ignorant to see through.

    I miss her. In fact, her funeral was today on November 19th, 1804. The day right after my father died. Angelica and I are working to get this book I wrote published to the world so people can know the true reason why Angela Schuyler-Jefferson ran away for seven years just to come back and be sent in an endless spiral of ups and downs, twists and turns, overs and unders. She truly deserved the world. Now the world will know how Alexander Hamilton survived in a duel against Aaron Burr, they'll know who was one of the three right-hand men that George Washington had, they'll know who saved my sister from a love triangle and taught my son french.

    The world will know who would walk the streets in a purple dress, hand-in-hand with the Thomas Jefferson. They'll know who came running when Philip got in trouble at school. They'll know who would freak out over unfolded clothes and messy rooms. They'll know the Angela Phoebe Schuyler-Jefferson. The one that helped save our Nation, the one that helped save our family, the one that helped save my husband.

    I remember when I was little, Angela would challenge me to sword fights, leading to a scolding from dad when I cried. I remember when we first found the runaway note on her vanity that caused Angelica to scream in terror. I remember when Angela first met Philip and immediately offered to take care of him. I remember when Angela stormed into the house after reading the Reynolds Pamphlet and yelling at Alexander. Now, the rest of my children get to hear the story of Angela Phoebe Schuyler-Jefferson every night before bed.

    I gave up on begging for her to come back. I've learned to move on but not to the point where I would forget her. Her story is too precious to forget. All I know is that Angela Phoebe Schuyler-Jefferson will not be forgotten by the world. Well, I mean, that's why I wrote this book in the first place. Angela's story has sadly come to a close and it's my turn to say that I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Elizabeth Schuyler-Hamilton