Prologue

You would think the second oldest Schuyler sister would sit still and look pretty like the other three, but no, she didn't. Ever since she was a little girl she and her sisters would hear amazing stories about how America would become free from England. Margarita wouldn't understand anything about it and just play with her cotton dolls, Elizabeth is afraid and wants nothing to do with the war, Angelica thinks the revolution is overrated because women can't join, but Angela? Hah! That's all she dreamed about. She dreamed and wished to join the Revolution only to be let down by her father who told her every time that only men fight. Hah. Bullshit.

Angela was always the popular and social one, followed by Angelica. Angela was known since birth, well, that's only because on November 19th, 1756, Philip Schuyler ran into the streets screaming that he had a second daughter named Angela. He was crying, he was so happy. Angela, like the rest of her sisters, was shown off from baby to teen. Her father would take all the sisters and introduce them to important people. Believe it or not, Angela truly hated fame. All she wanted was to give her country the freedom it deserved. Every day she just wanted to go out and support the revolution. Being a Schuyler Sister wasn't easy. You get hit on, followed, cheered at, screamed at, you can't go anywhere without hearing "OH MY GOD, IT'S THE SCHUYLER SISTERS!"

Angela was always a gifted girl. She could come up with a story on the spot, write books, come up with new ideas that would always be looked down on, she could sing, she could dance, she was just a gifted girl that couldn't share her talents. She begged her father, who had just become a general, to let her fight in the battle of Lexington and Concord but he refused for the sake of her safety. She often begged her father to be part of the revolution but was always sent outside with her sisters or read.

She often heard and read about Thomas Jefferson being the greatest man alive for writing the Declaration Of Independence. To be honest, Angela grew fond of Jefferson before even meeting him. Whenever she walked the streets of New York with her sisters, you could often hear her smooth, lovestruck voice rambling on and on about how great Thomas Jefferson is. Angelica couldn't believe that her younger sister could talk so much about a man who didn't even include women in the "Oh so great Declaration."